Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
borntolive
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Phone wont completely load

Right, earlier tonight my phone was being slow and that black box you sometimes get kept appearing so i pulled out the battery, when it went to reload it stopped at 3/4 and has been stuck since. Ive tried removing battery for longer, no success, it also wont let me put it into safe mode.

Ive loaded the application wizard, the following message appeared "the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or administrator". What does that mean and what can i do to fix it? Im confused because i have not downloaded anything for months now, havent done anything different on my phone, this has just happened out the blue.

Any ideas on how to fix this would really help, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Phone wont completely load

How long did you let it sit loading? Every so often I've seen devices take 20-30 minutes. I don't know what causes it but it happens occasionally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
borntolive

Its been on for the past 2 hours, just stuck on 3/4 of the way. Cant understand why its suddenly stuffed up.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

That's a little too long. 

Try booting into Safe Mode.  To do this remove the battery.  Then while holding down the back key (right of the trackpad) reinsert the battery.  Continue to hold the back key for another 20 seconds or so and then release the back key.  See if the device boots into safe mode. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
borntolive

Nothing happens. I read a dialog box appears and your supposed to click ok, i get nothing, it just continues to load and then stops.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You may have to reload the OS from scratch.  However, if you didn't have any backups, either with BB Protect or using Desktop Software, then your data will be gone.  Below are the instructions for doing that.   If it were me I'd let it sit overnight first, plugged into the charger, before I do the following: 

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

Please use plain text.
Contributor
borntolive

5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step

Bit stuck on that bit, whats BBSAK?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

It's a program to load on your PC that will wipe the current OS and allow you to reload from scratch.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
borntolive

Ok, how do i get it?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

BBSAK.org
Please use plain text.