Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

smithx18
My Device: Blackberry curve 9360

Phone wont make or Receive calls

Blackberry 9360 curve os7

Basically I gave my phone to a friend he then wiped phone created a new email activation (BTW he was using giffgaff network) The phone was working fine.....he then gave me the phone back I put in a old sim card from o2.....restored the phone again......To wipe of his date eg email etc........now the phone wont let me make or Receive calls.....I dont have a internet plan on the phone at the moment....but I still cant make phone calls or Receive.....or even register phone again......i get the message registerd with wirseless network and have full bars on my conectivity its on 3g....its like the phone has blocked any connetion......but I can go on wireless internet on wifi from home ?

Contributor
kartikeyabhargava95
My Device: Curve 9360

Re: Phone wont make or Receive calls

Hi, 

The problem could be due to differen reasons.

I suggest you try the following,

1. Pull out you battery, clean the metal contacts of the SIM card with a soft cotton bud.

Once the phone restarts try making calls, if it still dosent work, go to the next step.

2. OPEN THE LINK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB05010&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

3. You can try to reinstall your OS. This can be done from the blackberry site or you can download the os from your Service Provider Official site, which can be found from thefollowing link :

http://in.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/desktop-and-device-download-sites.html

After downloading, the OS can be installed using Blackberry Desktop Manager.

If your query is resolved then please click on - 'Accept as Solution'
Thank You.