Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
Btnhoz
My Device: Not Specified

Picture Mail with The Pearl from Sprint???? Why? Why? Why?

[ Edited ]

Can someone please explain why only after purchasing my Blackberry curve do I find out that you can not send picture mail to another persons phone like every other phone in the world? None of the service providers can explain it they all claim it is a Blackberry issue and not a service provider issue. Why must i send it in email format? Does Blackberry not as advanced as every other phone in the entire world? What is the issue? is it going to be resolved SOON or do have to eat the $500 and throw this piece of S#*T away and go with a phone whose company has figured it out 10 years ago?

If the phone includes a Camera does it not make sense to be able to take pictures and send them to friends or business partners instantly on their phone? What is the real issue? Obviously this is a concern a lot of people have. Why wont Blackberry solve it? Is it a patent issue? 

BTW my phone does not have an mms option to send pictures. I have been offered that solution before. 

Message Edited by Btnhoz on 06-29-2008 11:21 AM
Message Edited by Btnhoz on 06-29-2008 11:22 AM
Message Edited by Btnhoz on 06-29-2008 11:23 AM
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Picture Mail with The Pearl from Sprint???? Why? Why? Why?

Hi Btnhoz

You can indeed send MMS pictures messages with a BlackBerry.  If you do not have the send as mms option try to go to options, advanced options, host routing table, click the menu button and select register now.  If you still don`t have the option to send as MMS   I suggest you call your carrier to ensure that you have the correct plan to send MMS.

Here is some information for troubleshooting -
No option to compose MMS messages on the BlackBerry device

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Picture Mail with The Pearl from Sprint???? Why? Why? Why?

At this time Sprint does not allow MMS messages from BlackBerrys on their network. it is a limitation of their network, not the BlackBerry device.

I have read rumors where this is supposed to be corrected, but I am not 100% sure.

Please use plain text.