Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Developer
Abrie71
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Please Help!

Hi I am using a blackberry 8520 curve with os5 for quite a long time now! I love this phone and don't want to purchase a new phone! Now I saw the new bbm v7 on one of my friends bb torch ! I went searching for it on www.google.com and received info that is coming out Early 2013! Today I went searching for it again and found it on the blackberry beta zone! It shows now available for os5 devises! When I click onto the download link it shows: Sorry, you are unable to download this file due to export regulations. Please contact betainfo@rim.com if you have any questions ! Please help me out on this one! I have contacted betainfo@rim.com but no replay yet!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Please Help!

Hello,

BBM 7 is out in production, and is no longer therefore available via Beta Zone. You can find it in AppWorld, and here's the catalog page:

You do need to compare the minimum requirements to be sure that you BB meets those.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

Hello,

Ok now if I click on this link with my bb 8520 it just open the blackberry appworld and shows blackberry messenger already installed witch is v 6.2.0.44 not v7

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Use a computer. Go to that link. READ all of the requirements. Make sure that you meet 100% of them, for that version of BBM is not available everywhere yet, nor for all devices, nor for all carriers, etc. etc. etc. You need first to do the homework by reading all that is on that catalog page. If you don't meet the requirements, then you have your answer.

Let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

I have opened it with my pc and now it says: Site Map: Not Found
The page you have requested has been moved or
no longer exists.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank
you for your patience.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That's quite strange...I did notice that AppWorld was presenting me some odd things earlier. Try instead going to http://appworld.blackberry.com and searching on BlackBerry Messenger. Then go into the catalog page and read it.

It may be that you are in a location where it is totally blocked...some governments do that.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Abrie71

Please use plain text.