08-30-2008 11:52 PM
i just brought my new blackberry curve 8310. but i need to get all my contacts from Ms Outlook. i have already downloaded BB desktop software 126.96.36.199.. and i dont know how to syn the BB to Outlook to get my contacts.. please help, i am not too good with computers, so please explain the steps
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-31-2008 12:24 AM - edited 08-31-2008 12:30 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Here is a procedure for synchronizing with Desktop Software:
This is a great explanation from Tanzim:
Follow the below steps -
- Connect your device using Desktop Manager and click on Synchronization
- From the menu on the left click Synchronization under Configuration
- Again click Synchronization button on the right which will give you option to Select Device Application that you want to synchronize
- Put the check mark and you'll get a prompt to Select Desktop Application
- Highlight the application name and click next button
- Under Synchronization Option you get Direction of Synchronization
- Check the radio button with Two way sync
Note: above mentioned steps are explained as per Desltop Manager 4.5
Synchronize addressbook -
Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.
Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.
Please let us know if you need any more assistance!