Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
daytons
My Device: Not Specified

Please help Sd Card not recognized

hello all.

i tried everything, and i am at the point where i just want to break my blackberry.

ok. i have a 4gig mirco SD card. i use it on my blackberry 8320. this morning, i was listening to music on it. everything worked fine. till, during one of my songs, the blackberry frose. after like 5 minutes of me pressing buttons, nothing happened (it was still frosen). Thus, i took out the battery and restarted it.

after i restarted it, the phone started to work again. BUT it wont read my sd card. like none of my music will show up. i went to options>media card> and it says at the bottom "a media card is not presently inserted in the device"

i took out my card and put it in my brothers blackberry and it worked fine. and i also put my brothers SD card in my blackberry, and that card didnt work either.

i spent the last 2 hours on the net trying to find some answers, but no luck.

please if anyone out there can help me. i will be soo grateful.

New Contributor
daytons

Re: Please help Sd Card not recognized

can someone please help me? i already spent 8 hours trying to fix this, and still no luck.

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

1. You can take card out and plug it into your PC (if you ahve that ability) and copy the data off it and format it, put it back and format it again, then copy data back

2. if you cant do option 1 you may have to bit the bullet and lose data, and try formatting it anyways.

3. if none of the options above work, then your card has burnt out and will need to get a new one

New Contributor
daytons

if its burnt out, why is it workin fine on my brothers blackberry? its like 12 am now, i will try ur theory tomorrow morning then get back to you. thanks for you help man, it means alot.
New Contributor
daytons

hey

i tried formatting my card, but still it doesnt work.

any other thoughts?

mdrennan

As a corollary to your issue I just installed a similar chip, found it using a linux OS on a vintage IBM thinkpad, and loaded a bunch of music to it. My IBM can read the card and play the music, but my curve tells me the card has errors and should be checked. Hmm sounds like the BB to me
New Contributor
CeeeWeeed
My Device: Bold 9780

heyyy, I am having the extact same problem as you with my blackberry bold. I assume it's the divice that is not working properly. My blackberry froze and I took out the battery and put it back in. Then, after restarting it, I realized all my photo's and music are gone. I called rogers like 3 times and they didn't do anything about it... can someone please help mee? Thanksss~

New Contributor
CeeeWeeed
My Device: Bold 9780

I wonder how did you fixed yours. Can you please help me out or give me some advice?