Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Heather-
My Device: Curve

Please help me! My text messaging app is gone!

The only way I can see if someone texted me is if I go into contacts, choose the contact & "text" them.. (& it only shows the conversation with that specific person) It doesn't even notify me if someone has texted me!
The app is completely gone from my phone and I have tried everything to get it back... :smileysad:
Please help me!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Please help me! My text messaging app is gone!

Is the icon hidden? From the home screen hit the menu key and select "Show All." See if the icon shows up now. Look through all folders too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

And, of course, try removing the battery to reboot the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Heather-

Yes, I've checked everywhere on my phone..
I've tried several times restarting it aswell as removing the battery.. Even left the battery out for 15 to see if that would work.
Before when I searched for it, it wouldn't even appear but now it is..
How do I get it back onto my home screen.. ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You didn't answer my question to check and see if it is hidden? Did you check "show all" from the menu on the home screen?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Heather-

I said, Yes, I've checked everywhere on my phone

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

"Checking everywhere" does not necessarily mean you don't have it "hidden." If it's hidden you won't see it anywhere unless you check the "show all" option as I suggested. I will assume you've done that simple thing and head into assuming it's not hidden.

1. I want you to install BlackBerry Desktop Manager to your PC (if it's not already installed.) You can download it from www.blackberry.com/desktop

2. Plug in your BlackBerry and use Desktop Manager to make a full backup of your device. See this KB if you're unsure how to do that: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12487

3. Perform a Security Wipe of your device. If asked to delete 3rd party applications please include those. You can always reinstall those later from Appworld. Here is a KB that explains how to do that: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058 (don't remove the battery during the wipe process)

4. Once the wipe is complete see if the text message icon is back.

5. Use Desktop Manager to restore your backup file to the BlackBerry. Here is a KB for that: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

6. See if the text message icon is still visible.
Please use plain text.