Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Tomination
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Please help with my Sisters Blackberry Curve

Hello All,

My sister loves her Blackberry Curve, however recently the phone when plugged in will not turn on, however the screen shows a battery icon with a red cross.

I have left it charging for 24 hours, tried connecting it to a PC etc but to no avail

We have bought a new battery, but the phone will still not boot.

Do you have any tips I can use to get it back to life? she did not see the importance of backing up her contacts at all so even if we could just access those. But ideally she would like it working again :smileyhappy:

Please help, thanks 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Please help with my Sisters Blackberry Curve

Did she have BlackBerry Protect installed?

Try this, (I know you said you've charged it for 24 hours):

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the charging cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code