Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vikkietwr
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

Please help

I dropped my phone yesterday and since then, my email box also fills up with my bbm chat messages, and the only way to get rid of these messages from my emails is to delete the chat.... I use my phone for work so can't delete these (proof of things etc) also before I dropped my phone if I scrolled over the message symbol it showed my email address... now it just says messages... Help????? 

Grateful for any advice

x

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Please help

By the sounds of it your dedicated inbox for your email has become hidden and the general messages box has been unhidden. 

Press the menu key and select "Show All" - this should reveal any icons hidden. From your dedicated mailbox (with your email address as the name), press the menu key and ensure "hide" is not ticked, Highlight the "Messages" icon and select Hide. You can now press the menu key and unselect Show All. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vikkietwr

I've clicked the menu key (this is the one with the blackberry logo?) but can't find 'show all'... only had this phone for a few weeks so still finding my way around it!  Where do i find it?.. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Press the menu key first to open up the screen of apps, then press the menu key again and in the list of options should be "Show All Icons"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vikkietwr

Done it!!!!!   Thank you for all your help!  I've got it all back again..... need to be more careful I don't drop it again!!!   Thanks again xxx

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Jamead1981 wrote :

By the sounds of it your dedicated inbox for your email has become hidden and the general messages box has been unhidden. 

Hi Jamead .. Really Good Judgement. 

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.