Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
adampajmel
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone UK
Accepted Solution

Please release my BB PIN

I've purchased my BLACK BERRY CURVE 3G 9300on ebay 6/5/12.
Recently I changed the network provider and realised that the BB PIN is still associated with the original owners account. Please help to release my BB PIN from their network for me to use: PIN :286B5465 IMEI:358966.04.257047.3 Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Please release my BB PIN

1. No one here can release a PIN from a previous user's account.
  2. This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the EULA and message upon registration.
  3. You need to either call or get the previous user to call their mobile provider to release the PIN for your mobile provider registration. Often the reason a carrier will NOT release a PIN is because the previous user left an unpaid balance or the device has been reported lost or stolen.
  4. Your other option is to return the device for a refund to the seller as a non-working device, since it is not working.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
adampajmel
My Device: BB Curve 9300
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Thanks for that. I gave them a call but they were not able to do this because I've no account with them. I also emailed the original seller to release it for me...still waiting for reply. The thing is the device was originally on Orange, then I unlocked it and used it on Three mobile and everything was working then; push email etc. Now I moved to vodafone UK and email stopped working properly and navigation can't find the device (maybe I should contact Three mobile?) 

I was hoping that maybe there is a way of assigning a completely new PIN to my device which I can use.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

There is no way to give your handset a new PIN as it is hard coded to the device. 

If BBM, email etc were working when you were with Three then you need to contact Three to release the pin from their system, 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,846
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

adampajmel wrote:

The thing is the device was originally on Orange, then I unlocked it and used it on Three mobile and everything was working then; push email etc. Now I moved to vodafone UK and email stopped working properly and navigation can't find the device (maybe I should contact Three mobile?) 

So there's more to the story. It was working for you, on your previous carrier, so YOU need to call the one on which it was working for you. This has nothing to do with the previous user.

Call Three.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.