Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
v750
My Device: Curve 8520

Possible Virus

Hello,

I believe got a virus into my BB, since I went to the google Maps now i keep in getting a tons of emails with virus and saying that "email not delivered and see details.. and strange links inside."

Please what can I do to stop this and erase the problem forever!!

Sincerely,

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Possible Virus

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I doubt you have a virus in your Blackberry. Log into the Google website and check your Gmail. If the messages are there as well, they are not from your Blackberry.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Are you getting email from network@etp??? or can you share some content or email ID from where you're getting those?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
v750

Hello,

My account in Gmail doesnt sends to my BB, so its not same.

I used my BB only to acess my emails while outside office, so its been a while that used my PC to acess my emails and when this start to show all emails "not delivered" was outside in field and didnt used my PC for the 3 days before, and now already have done a virus scan, and it was where saw emails with "Trojan" virus.

Sincerely,

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

But your BB won't be able to produce any emails unless your Gmail is receiving those in your inbox. Somehow you're email ID was affected by unsolicited emails, which shows trojan!! But for BlackBerry you're getting virus not possible.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
v750

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Sorry but been a way and coulnd acess my email.

its very stange since for a couple days i didnt received any emails, but now it started again and just in a couple days have already 300+ emails and all are the same.

Basically are same, every email has a few emails address inside saying that coulnd be delivered to those "persons" and to see the link for details...

ie: <removed> and a few more!!! ( I typed xx so its cut the reall email)

I left my Pc running for a few hours doing a full virus scan and still didnt find any.

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hello,

Here's an article from the Gmail support page at Google.com. I think you might find it relevant.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=50200

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
v750

Hello,

thanks for this feed back it was interesting and was another possible help, but as said before dont use Gmail, I just use to get copy of my email from the company were i received my schedule for work...

This happend when I used my BB to acess the google maps and my PC was turned off for 3 days when this happens, and at one point receved a mensage to acess my BB data were believe said "allow" and from that it start to received all those mensages and now its about 200/250 a day.. Its about now 3k since Saturday..

My latest show mensages saying "need your email verified" or strong medications for sex..." etc. in the titles since I dont open.

Is there a way to clean and re-start all over? And what need to config again?

thanks,

New Contributor
v750

Hello,

but I left all night running to check for virus and also used other programs for scan and none found in my PC but still keep getting now about 700/day....

Is there away to clean the BB and re-start from "fresh"??

thx