Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Page Plus

Problem Setting Up Wi-Fi

I just received a Blackberry Curve 8530 and am having issues setting up the wi-fi.  I have Time Warner Roadrunner service, with their modem/router all in one.  I can see my router when I go to set up the wi-fi connection but I do not know where I am to put the code that Blackberry generates.  I called Time Warner for assistance and was told there's not a way to input a code into my router. 

I then tried to do the manual set up and inputting my password that is set on my router, but that said it failed to authenticitate.   Hope I can find some assistance, this is frustrating!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Problem Setting Up Wi-Fi

What kind of security is on the wireless router?  This has to match what you're putting into the WiFi setup on the phone.  Time Warner.. are they charging you extra per month for wireless capability?  if so, you don't have to do that.

Get a regular cable modem from time warner and buy your own wireless router:

http://www.amazon.com/Medialink-Wireless-Broadband-802-11n-Internal/dp/B0044YU60M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...