Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
TomoSnake
My Device: BlackBerry 8520 Curve
My Carrier: VIPnet
Accepted Solution

Problem With BB Curve 8310

Hello,

This is my first post here.

I bought BB Curve 8310 couple days ago. It was running old 4.2 OS. So I installed BB Desktop software in order to upgrade to 4.5 OS for my blackberry. But,... There is a problem. It can't be done. It allways displays me error 507 or error 561?! I tryed to google it up, but with no succses :smileysad: ... Is there any way that I can upgrade my BB to the newer OS?

If it helps I can write BB's PIN and IMEI number.

Please help me

Tom

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Problem With BB Curve 8310

See this guide for more info, it would appear your OS has been deleted/corrupted:http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03294

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TomoSnake

unfortunately it does not help at all. :smileysad: I think that I've tried almost every solution there is on the internet, and still I can only have 4.2 OS :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

Can you provide specifics to what you have tried from the guide, and where you are getting stuck? It will make it a lot easier to troubleshoot your problem that way.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TomoSnake

No problem,.. I've tryed almost everything ...

Sorry for the links, but I don't have any, but... I tryed to backup before new instalation. So I started installing new OS,... Everything is great until "device initialization" Then I get 507 or 561 error on my BB screen. I've tryed to remove batt., to delete vendor.xml... I ran out of ideas.... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Weilerman
My Device: Not Specified

Hello all,

I have the same problem. Since the described update to version 5.0.0.11 my Curve does not react anymore. Removal of the battery did not help at all. Error 507 shoes up together with strange symbols.

Is anybody out there who may know a solution?

many thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

TomoSnake wrote:

No problem,.. I've tryed almost everything ...

Sorry for the links, but I don't have any, but... I tryed to backup before new instalation. So I started installing new OS,... Everything is great until "device initialization" Then I get 507 or 561 error on my BB screen. I've tryed to remove batt., to delete vendor.xml... I ran out of ideas.... :smileysad:

Did you try the link in my first post? You need to reinstall the OS according to the guide.

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TomoSnake

Yes I have. And still nothing... 

p.s.: i'll give you some kudos for helping, but I don't think you and me can solve this out :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

You have little faith my friend :smileyhappy: Don't worry, if I can't help there are other users we can turn to so hang in there.

Take a look at this KB and pay particular attention to No. 3 (power management) and No. 4. Your computer may be powering off the usb port if the phone doesn't connect after some time or you are connecting via a dock. Fix those, then go back and try reloading the OS again from the previous link I had provided.

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
TomoSnake

already did that  :smileyhappy: ... I spend three days figuring out this problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.