Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
DenisSalter
My Device: Curve 8259
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Problem connecting Curve 8250 to home WiFi (Dyatek Vigor 2710)

Having problems connecting newly purchased Curve 8250 to home WiFi Dray Tek Vigor 2710-any advice gratefully received!!

BB can 'see' home network but will not connect. Its as if BB and Router can 'see' each other but can't/won't 'talk' to each other. Tried changing BB Browser to Hotspot and away from network (Vodafone) and tried all three connection options (PIN, Pushbutton and manual via preshared key) but all time out with no connection.

Had a look at other postings but no-one seems to have had this particular problem.

Help!

Denis

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
CoryH
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Problem connecting Curve 8250 to home WiFi (Dyatek Vigor 2710)

If your currently running 802.11*N* on your router, this could cause issues. The BB model you are using only supports 802.11*G* and 802.11*B*.

One thing I would do to test to eliminate this issue is to check your wireless LAN settings on your router by logging into the cpanel. If it states you are currently using the N band then try switching it to one of the above compatible bands and seeing if your phone makes a UMA connection. If this doesn't resolve the problem, by all means, do let me know and we can explore other avenues.

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
McTrevor28
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Problem connecting Curve 8250 to home WiFi

Hi I have the same problem and checked what you said and I am using mixed g and b

Could anybody please help as its driving me mad and I want to have the full use off my new phone

thanks

bec

Please use plain text.