Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
javfire
My Device: Not Specified

Problem receiving ALL email messages from Yahoo on Blackberry Curve

I just recently got the Blackberry Curve and synced up my AOL and Yahoo email accounts, and they work except for one thing.  In my yahoo email account, I have separate folders within my email which I set up to help filter the email I receive...And I've noticed that when I get notified on my Blackberry that I have email from my Yahoo account, it only tells me when I've received email to my general inbox.  It's not telling me when I've received email into any of the sub folders within my yahoo email account though...so as a result, I'm missing emails.  Does anyone know how to remedy this?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

Re: Problem receiving ALL email messages from Yahoo on Blackberry Curve

remove the filters. BB only reads inbox, sent, and deleted items folders
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem receiving ALL email messages from Yahoo on Blackberry Curve

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

If I recall correctly, the use of folders via BIS (which is the carrier/RIM provided email handling service for all POP/IMAP email) is not an available feature. See this KB article:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03652&slic...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.