Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
dfatbb
My Device: 8300

Problem setting up laptop to use blackberry as modem on win7 x64

Hello,

Helping someone use the blackberry as modem for their laptop.  The provider is t-mobile (US) and the access point is set to the proper epc.tmobile.com.  The problem is during the authentication phase.  Errors out with PPP link problem.  Using the network place directly gives the error 734: PPPLink Control Protocol was Terminated.  The Diagnostic for RAS on the local system shows a Code Reject then a PPP Code Reject rcvd, rejected code = 12.

All the online docs for setting up the link have been followed and the desktop manager automatically setups up the modem properly (including ip4, use of the various protocols, etc..).

Anyone else able to get Win7 x64 with T-Mobile setup to work properly? 

TIA!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

Re: Problem setting up laptop to use blackberry as modem on win7 x64

Welcome to the forums :smileyhappy:

Did you use this guide: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04664

I haven't found anything specific for tethering windows 7 64-bit, but a quick google search led me to this site: http://www.l0pht.com/dildog/bb-win-tether/index.html

Best of luck!

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dfatbb

No, more like KB20362 - but did go in an manually try to ensure things work working (communcation with modem ok in diag, the correct apn, etc..).

I wonder if she needs to have something enabled on t-mobile?  anyone else using the new desktop manager with the t-mobil (us) option okay?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

dfatbb wrote:

No, more like KB20362 - but did go in an manually try to ensure things work working (communcation with modem ok in diag, the correct apn, etc..).

I wonder if she needs to have something enabled on t-mobile?  anyone else using the new desktop manager with the t-mobil (us) option okay?

Did you check the second link I sent you? It has info for 64bit systems and the bottom of the page has connection settings for T-mobile.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dfatbb

Yes, checked, already tried all that, but t-mobile now says to just use the one gateway (as of 7/2009 I believe it was), so that article is a bit dated.  Although I did try the other access point.  Using the new desktop 5.0.1.37 so it has everything already to go.  It just doesn't seem to work.  I wondered if t-mobile had to do something (they told her that she already had it in the dataplan and was ready to go).

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

You can always try to call them up for tech support. They should be able to guide you through it!

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dfatbb

tmobile says they don't provide support and to contact blackberry or microsoft.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart

dfatbb wrote:
tmobile says they don't provide support and to contact blackberry or microsoft.

They are supposed to help before they refer you to Blackberry support...try again perhaps!

Kijana
Please remember to:
Please use plain text.