Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mconeva
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Problem with 3G

Hi Guys 

I am new to this forum but I was really hoping I could get some help! I have a BB Curve 9300 and I am currently using China Unicom. My problem is that my 3G is not working properly - it works for a while and then there is no internet access even though the 3g sign in the top right corner is still there. if I completely restart the device (take out the battery) it works perfectly again for few hours and then it stops again. It works everytime with the restart but I really can't do this 5-6 times a day... Ive checked my TCP/IP settings and everything is ok. What I need to mention is that I dont have BIS - my monthly plan includes free 3G and since I only use the browser and whatsapp I don't want to pay extra for it (there isn't any difference in the speed or quality here). I ve contacted my provider and everything is ok on their side, also last year I had the same problem with the other big chinese operator China Mobile. It is a very unusual problem, hope someone has an idea how i can fix it :smileysad: Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Problem with 3G

The simple answer is to get a Blackberry Data Plan - WhatsApp will only work with a full data plan, they even warn you about this when setting up the app for the first time. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mconeva
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Hi, thanks for the quick response, i know that will solve the problem because I ve done it before, but I don't see it necessary to pay extra for something I don't really need. Also, I was hoping to find a way around it since I used whatsapp without a plan for about a year and it worked perfectly fine (in two different countries)- it depends on the provider. Anyway, thanks for the advice again, I ll probably end up getting the plan anyway. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Romaking
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Hey I'm having a problem with my 3G too? I recently bought a blackberry off of someone on ebay, I am on the vodaphone freedom freebee and I have 250MB of internet and it sometimes says 3G or edge or whatever next to the signal bars, but it won't connect to the internet? I can connect to wifi easily and it works fine but the two problems with my vodafone payg bb curve 9300 is that and the fact the BBM refuses to work, the first time I went on it when setting up my new toy, it came up and allowed me to put in my BBM details as this isn't my first BlackBerry and it just says "setting up BBM" and it will say that for a long period of time and then it just goes blank, same background just the message is gone? I've tried turning the BB off and on again, I've tried rebooting it by taking the battery out, deleting and reinstalling the app off of BBworld and I've looked all over this forum for something that will help me! And I have no idea how to write a forum of my own as, although I am familiar with BlackBerry's I am not familiar with this site, so I appologize for intruding on your thread but I reallt had no other choice, but if someone could please help me? Would be sincerely grateful :smileyhappy: thank you!!
Please use plain text.