Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
johnjabessalva
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

Re: Problem with Curve 9320

Hello! I do installed the BBM. So far so good! :smileyhappy: There's no error or whitescreen.  Maybe I'll observe my phone for 3 days. And if there's no error, I'll try to install some applications. 

Thank you always! 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hey john

That's a good sign so far , Just avoid any unknown 3rd application , I wish you good luck.

Cheers !

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
johnjabessalva

Bad news. Jvm error 517 appeared. I'm reloading my os again. When I'm about to delete a text message, then the device rebooted then the error appeared. I'm sick! Hahaha!

Thank you always! 

Elite II
prince2012

Hey john

I can understand your frustration , O.K .. please note after reloading don't restore any of your SMS from your Backup files as you did last time , only restore your Contacts , if memos and calender entries are needed then restore it using BlackBerry protect.

Can you try that !

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
johnjabessalva

I can't use my BB Protect. There's a message and it says "The service plan for your BlackBerry device does not suppor this application. Please contact your service provider for additional information or to update your service plan." If there are still jvm errors, I will reload the os again and do what you said. :smileyhappy: 

Thank you always!

Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

The message indicates that you don't have sufficient data plan to use BlackBerry protect  application .

Or just don't restore any SMS from your backup files , restore only your contacts and calender entries. 

Good luck.

Contributor
johnjabessalva

Hello!

If the error appears again, I'll do what you said. But I hope no more errors. :smileyhappy:  or maybe I'll try to put some 3rd party apps if error stopped.

Thank you always!

Elite II
prince2012

Hey john

I hope error never appear again on your BlackBerry .  But ... please . please.. don't install any Unknown apps , install only those that use and trust , After installing if error appear just uninstall that application from Options > Device > Application Management .   :smileyhappy:

Contributor
johnjabessalva

Hello!

My phone got some problem again, but it's not related to jvm errors. The hourglass appeared and the device turned off. Then the red light flash quite long then it stopped then it keeps on flashing 3 or 4 times. The first idea that comes to my mind is to fix it by reloading the os like what I'm used to do. I reloaded the os already then I restore only the contacts. I hope no more problems!

Thanks always!

Elite II
prince2012

Hey john ,

Well.. I feel sorry for you as you're constantly getting such errors or issue with your device and you have to reload your device software again and again. I hope problem resolves with this reload .

Good luck.