Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
rich40w
My Carrier: Virgin

Problem with Curve 9360 charger

Hi, looking to hopefully get a response with an issue I'm having with chargers for my 9360.  I have my own 9360 and a work 9320.  The charger I have for the 9320 has a Euro 2 pin adapter as well as the UK 3 pin adapter option and  so I had planned to just carry the 9320 charger with me as I travel to Europe quite often.  

Unfortunately lately my 9360 has started to develop a problem with this charger such that is starts charging but after about 5 minutes it shows the charge full symbol on the battery symbol yet the battery status is only showing 50%.  

When I use the charger that came with the 9360, it charges up fine.:smileyfrustrated!

Anyone got any ideas why this may be happening and how I can solve it apart from 'use the 9360 charger '!  Not sure if I've got a problem with my 9360 as this is the second 9360 I've had with charging issues though the last one just suddenly could not take charge from any charger, even the one provided with the phone.

Thanks in anticipation!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
raghav55
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Problem with Curve 9360 charger

HI rich40w,

I think the problem is neither with your phone nor with your charger, the problem is that you should use the charger supplied with your phone because different charger has different output and same is the case with the batteries. 

If you want to you the charger other than the supplied charger then you should use the one with the same configuration as your supplied charger.

And if you previously had these charging issues then maybe you should check your battery and get it replace if it's more than a year.

OR

Consult Blackberry Support in person.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rich40w
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Problem with Curve 9360 charger

Raghav55, not really the response I was asking for; fully aware of the outputs of chargers which is why I have checked the chargers outputs.

My standard charger is 5v/750mA whilst the other is 5v/700mA which in general electrical terms is nothing.  I do have another charger that is an even lower 5v/550mA which although working on on the 9320, does not give a proper charge on the 9360.  9320 is a 3.7V, 1450mA/h capacity whilst 9360 is 3.7v, 1000mA/h capacity so you would expect the lower capacity to accept the lower output charger but it is the opposite.

And if you read the message, you would see that the problems I had previously resulted in a change of phone; my current 9360 did not have the previous chaging problem!  As the phone is only 2 months old, I would not expect to need to buy a new battery.

And as far as getting in touch with Blackberry Support, I thought this forum would do that!

Please use plain text.