Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
woknugroho
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: IND TELKOMSEL
Accepted Solution

Problem with OS 7 for Blackberry Curve 9300

I am using Blacberry Curve 9300, couple days ago I could not send any messages through my blackberry messenger, then i checked the blackberry application world and noticed that there was an update for my blackberry messenger (OS 7 v.7.0.0.126), so i thought the problem was because i needed to update my blackberry messenger, and then i updated it.

At first it was okay, i had no problem, then starting last night, I could not deliver any messages at all (it was just checklist), but I could received any message that was sent by my contacts and groups, also i could see the Recent Updates. The only problem is i could not send any messages to any contact. At first it was because of my provider (IND TELKOMSEL), but then some of my friends who are using the same provider is fine.

Is it because of the OS 7 that i installed? Any idea how to solve it? Or can i downgrade it into the latest suitable OS 6?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problem with OS 7 for Blackberry Curve 9300

woknugroho wrote:

I am using Blacberry Curve 9300, couple days ago I could not send any messages through my blackberry messenger, then i checked the blackberry application world and noticed that there was an update for my blackberry messenger (OS 7 v.7.0.0.126), so i thought the problem was because i needed to update my blackberry messenger, and then i updated it.

Is it because of the OS 7 that i installed? Any idea how to solve it? Or can i downgrade it into the latest suitable OS 6?

Hi woknugroho

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From where you got OS 7 for you device BlackBerry® Curve 9300  ?  It does not support OS7 , if it is BlackBerry® Curve 9300 then you have to Re-Install OS6 , or else it will not function properly .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
woknugroho

Hi prince2012,

Thank you for responding. Well, just like i said before, i got it from Blackberry App World, when i checked for any upgrades. So that was why i upgraded my OS. Then if i downgrade it again to OS 6, which OS 6 is the latest and the most suitable for my BlackBerry® Curve 9300? and where can i get it? because i did try to find any OS 6 in Blackberry App World but i could not find any, only OS 7 available in Blackberry App World.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi woknugroho

Generally those updates are pushed from our Carrier but not BlackBerry World ,But still I don't believe that it will push OS7 for BlackBerry® Curve 9300, Please try those simple steps and downgrade your device from OS7 to OS6 :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC.

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml , On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ,( You can skip this step if you are using your Carrier OS Pack ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

6. Finally Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path  will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
woknugroho

Hi prince2012,

Thank you for the help, it wasn't as difficult as it looks like. My Blackberry Messenger is working perfectly fine by now.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi woknugroho

You are most welcome.. Yes its simple not as complicated as it looks . We are glad your problem has been resolved:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
woknugroho

Hi prince2012,

Its me again, I want to ask you again if you don't mind.

So, just like i told you before that i finally able to fixed it two days ago, but then at night the new OS 6 (v6.0.0.666 platform 6.6.0.241) that i installed had the same problem like when i used OS 7. i could sent blackberry messenger but none of it delivered. then, i decided to install another version of OS 6 (v6.0.0.706 platform 6.6.0.246), it worked but then after several hours i had the very same problem again.

And then just like before also, in the blackberry appworld there is a notificaton about upgrading it to OS 7.

Do you have any idea about this? is OS 7 really not for my curve 9300?

Thank you in advance

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

woknugroho wrote:

Hi prince2012,

And then just like before also, in the blackberry appworld there is a notificaton about upgrading it to OS 7.

Do you have any idea about this? is OS 7 really not for my curve 9300?

Hi woknugroho

That Notification from BlackBerry World might  be related to BlackBerry Messenger version 7 not OS 7 , Open BlackBerry World and re-check that again.I think I can say for As far as I know there is no Official OS 7 for BlackBerry®   Curve 9300 Or check this Official Carrier sites  Carriers  and see if anyone have released OS 7 for your device model .

woknugroho wrote:

Hi prince2012,

So, just like i told you before that i finally able to fixed it two days ago, but then at night the new OS 6 (v6.0.0.666 platform 6.6.0.241) that i installed had the same problem like when i used OS 7. i could sent blackberry messenger but none of it delivered. then, i decided to install another version of OS 6 (v6.0.0.706 platform 6.6.0.246), it worked but then after several hours i had the very same problem again.

It might be possible that your Carrier are having any issue on your Network , have you tried to call them to know if they are having any issues ? Inaddition to that I prefer you should try those steps in a sequence :

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 : How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

KB05000 : Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone

• KB02830 : Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • ( Wait till a Registration message comes in your Message box for eack email account you have configured on your device )

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back.

If problem remains then don't update to any higher OS but call your Carrier IND Telkomsel to know about your problem Or just asked them to reset your BIS account .

Please use plain text.