Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Gobama
My Device: Curve 3G 9300
My Carrier: Numericable (France)

Problem with my blackberry 9300 to go on youtube

Hello,

I contact you to resolve a problem I’ve always had with my Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 :

I can’t go on Youtube (by the application and the browser) and I can’t read videos on almost all hosts videos, I’ve got these error messages:

“Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problems persists please contact your service provider” or “A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.”

I called my service provider (Numericable, in france) several times but they didn’t be able to help me and they told me to contact you.

My version is 6.0 (2949). Internet works well it’s just the reading of videos on internet that doesn’t work except on few hosts videos (like the application “Allocine”)

A battery pull doesn’t fix my issue. Here are my applications:

“AlloCiné 1.2”; “Blackberry App World 3.1.4.25”; “Blackberry Messenger 6.2”; “eBay 2.1.0.7”; ”eurosport 1.0.5”; ”Facebook 3.2.0.12”; ”FancyTran 2.2.2”; ” Google Maps 4.5.3”; ”GPSLogger II 2.6.0.8”; ”L’Equipe.fr 1.1” “Lagunex Domino 1.0.3”; “LePoint.fr 2.1”; ”Memory” 1.3.2.8”; “Navita Translator 3.0”; “PagesJaunes 4.0”; “Shazam 2.8.2”; “Snake – Free 18.0”; “Sudoku 1.0.11”; “WeatherTrax 2.750”; “Windows Live Messenger 3.0.0.23” and “YouTube 1.0.0.40”

I enclose some pictures...

Youtube is very useful I would really like to use it...

Thank you very much,

Dumoulin Quentin.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: Problem with my blackberry 9300 to go on youtube

Hello Dumoulin

•If you are using blackberry internet browser, while open go to options and clear cache and cookies and the close browser and reboot your phone ie. While the phone is remove battery and wait about 30-50 seconds and replace battery.

• Once rebooted try your browser again.

Regards
F0xx
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gobama

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your answer i just tried but it didn't work

It displays again the message “Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problems persists please contact your service provider”

What can I do ?

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
f0xx386
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Hello

In my country BIS does not cover youtube videos. Did you have a separate data bundle besides bis that have now since cancelled.
I think Bis does not cover youtube all countries. Please confirm with carrier again.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gobama

ok thank you I will search in this way

I'll keep you informed

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello Gobama

Welcome to the Support Community Forums

Streaming Videos like You Tube videos uses the WAP Browser and  WAP Browser uses the access point name (APN) settings of the BlackBerry smartphone to route data. Suppose you buy that device not from your Carrier but from any BlackBerry store then it might be possible that your APN setting is not set correctly.In that case you have to contact your Carrier or Wireless Service provider to get that APN setting on your device.

So first contact your carrier and make sure you had a correct APN setting.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.