Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

FCL
New Contributor
FCL
My Device: Not Specified

Problem with one way Outlook (2007) Calendar desktop synch to blackberry

I normally do wireless synch of e-mails and PIM for my 8330 Curve (Verizon) through Enterprise server (on work computer) - and that's been fine.  

Problem is that I would like to load older Outlook Calendar entries from my home laptop onto the blackberry.  I've tried to do this through desktop manager synch after disabling wireless connection.   I'm unable to do this, and get the error message: "Desktop manager has stopped working.  A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly." 

Suggestions?   Should I be trying a two-way synch?   

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Problem with one way Outlook (2007) Calendar desktop synch to blackberry

Hi FCL

Try deleting the intellisync folder:

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

Windows Vista:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

The Application Data and AppData folders are hidden folders, so your computer must be set up to view hidden files and folders to see them (folder options, view, show hidden files and folders)

If this doesn't work, please give more information like when the error occurs.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
FCL
New Contributor
FCL

Thanks.  I didn't yet delete intellisync folder b/c I'm hesitant to delete folders unless it's a last resort and am pretty sure it's the right fix. 

Our office's system administrator staff said that what I'm trying to do doesn't work.   He said, "when you do the Enterprise activation the BB is stamped with the wireless synch configuration."  So, he cautions against trying to connect to my laptop to do desktop synch.

So, my question is more fundamental.   Once you're set up to synch wirelessly through Enterprise, can you do desktop synch for calendars, contacts, notes, and tasks anymore? (either BB to computer, computer to BB, or two way synch)? 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder

Hi FCL

You do not need to sync via the wire on a BES.  All your information should be synchronizing wirelessly.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.
FCL
New Contributor
FCL

The data is synching just fine wirelessly between my blackberry (BB) and our company's office computer through Enterprise Server.

The question, though, is whether I can synch data between the BB and my home laptop computer, which has no wireless connection to office enterprise server.   Why do I want to do this?  (1) there's older calendar and other data on laptop (before I started work at the office) that I'd like to load on the BB; and (2) as I update contacts and calendar on BB and work computer, I'd like to get this current data onto my home laptop. 

So, question is can you take a BB set up for wireless enterprise synch and ever synch that BB via desktop to another (different) computer? 

Thx.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Bolder

[ Edited ]

Yes you can.

In order to sync via the wire, you need to turn off wireless synchronization.  You do that the(basicallY same in all applications that you sync with.  In the address book of the BlackBerry, hit the button to the left of the trackball and select options.  Set wireless synchronization to no.  Same deal with with memos and tasks.  Same goes with calendar, but  depending on your OS you may need to do options, then select the calendar you are working with - ie desktop for your work calendar.

** you will need to set wireless synchronization back to yes when your sync is complete.

My advice still stands to delete the intellisync folder.  This folder will be regenerated when you re-open desktop manager and contains only configuration files and none of your data.

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-01-2008 06:01 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
squonk

Hi, new to forum, realize I'm getting in to an existing string that may have been resolved, but can't seem to find the answer anywhere else... having the same BBry desktop manager problem... stops before completing.  I have tried deleting the Intellisync files and the problem still exists.  I have narrowed it down to my calender that is causing the problem as everything else syncs fine, only when I check off the calender does the "Blackberry |Desktop Manager has stopped" problem arise.  Aprreciate any more suggestions.
Please use plain text.
FCL
New Contributor
FCL

squonk - thanks for your entry.   My issue is not yet resolved (was out of town and haven't yet tried deleting Intellisync files).    Please let me know if you find a solution that works for you.

Like you, desktop synch for other functions (contacts, tasks, memos) seems to work fine - calendar is the real problem.   Wireless synch for all PIM functions and e-mail with my office computer (Enterprise) works great, so I hate to do something that messes that up.    

But, it would be very helpful to transfer older calendar entries onto relatively new Blackberry, and then to be able to periodically synch with my home laptop (not on office Enterprise) to keep data current on that computer.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
squonk

FCL, thanks for the feedback.  Let me know if deleting your intellisync file works on the calendar problem... didn't work for me, so curious if yours works.  Kinda hoping the other person sharing this string weighs in also with some intel. cheers.
Please use plain text.