Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mikecasebolt
My Device: Curve 8300
Accepted Solution

Problem with shazam

I tried to install shazam on my 8300. When the program starts, it tells me that it needs to change application permissions. So I change all permissions to allow, but they revert back to custom everytime, and then shazam shuts down. I've heard this may be a IT policy on the phone blocking the changes, but I am not on BES or BIS. I bought the phone used from someone who was on Cincinnati Bell which I believe uses BIS. I do not use a Blackberry data plan. My internet works fine. I set the TCP settings. Every other program works fine on my device except Shazam. Any help would be deeply appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Problem with shazam

[ Edited ]

mikecasebolt wrote:
I tried to install shazam on my 8300. When the program starts, it tells me that it needs to change application permissions. So I change all permissions to allow, but they revert back to custom everytime, and then shazam shuts down. I've heard this may be a IT policy on the phone blocking the changes, but I am not on BES or BIS. I bought the phone used from someone who was on Cincinnati Bell which I believe uses BIS. I do not use a Blackberry data plan. My internet works fine. I set the TCP settings. Every other program works fine on my device except Shazam. Any help would be deeply appreciated!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you go to options security look in general options on the bottom  under services what does it say?

In either the general options or the firewall section, do you see any red locks?

Thanks,

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 06-13-2009 04:02 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikecasebolt

It didn't work. But I dont have a Blackberry data plan, so it shouldn't work, should it?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

We cross posted, I changed my repsonse.

Please read the post again.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikecasebolt

In general settings there is no locks anywhere, but it does say IT policy name: default, under firewall settings there is a lock next to "enabled" and it wont let me disable.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

This is from Blackberryforums, very well written and easy to follow procedure for removing an IT policy.

Unless you know the former user and can get them to remove it from their server, this is your best bet.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mikecasebolt

Thanks! I followed the instructions on that link and now everything works fine! No more IT policy woo hoo!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

Cool!
I'm glad you have it fixed.
Thanks,

Bifocals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsquaredmumma
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The problem is with web suggestions default that comes with the most recent operating system.  

To turn this off: Start Universal Search> Hit menu button> Select "Search Options"> Uncheck "Show Web Suggestions"

This will fix the issue and get Shazam or any other Apps requiring internet access to start working properly again.

J2

Please use plain text.