Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

oszczerbetka
My Device: blackberry 9360

Problem with the trackpad.

I've had my blackberry 9360 for a year now and a few months ago the trackpad suddenly stopped working. I've tried everything (like for example reboting the phone and doing all the tricks I found on the Internet) but nothing works. I also took the phone to the local mobile service, left it there and when i came there again people working there told me that they had tried everything and the trackpad cannot be fixed. Isn't there really anything I can do to make it work again? 

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Problem with the trackpad.

[ Edited ]

Hi oszczerbetka

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Generally those trackpad issue can be resolved by replacing the trackpad , But can you confirm if your BlackBerry ever got wet or had a moisture intrusion in the past ?

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
oszczerbetka
My Device: blackberry 9360

I don't remember any situation in which it could get wet or anything like that... And how much do you think replacing a trackpad would cost?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi there,

You have to think carefully if your device ever got wet in this past ! Because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like typing or battery drainage . 

If you're sure that your device never suffered from any moisture instrusion then you can try replacing the trackpad by yourself or any qualified technician. You can buy trackpad from any online vendor or websites like Amazon or eBay which offer those trackpad within 10 dollars.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.