Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bjd92
My Device: Curve 8250

Problems galore!

I'm with 02. I have a BB curve 8520 on operating system 5.

Apps and free space

I have plenty of free space (117 MB) and many battery pulls did not work.

I've got whatsapp, Spotify, Bible, Twitter, Dropbox apps.

Please help. I do not have a data plan as the blackberry was a gift and i kept my sim card. Everything has been working fine since Christmas. But now when trying to get onto app world, or trying to use an application, I get the following messages:

"Can't connect to server."

"Software update server is unavailable"

"BBID installation failed 80002"

"There is an issue connecting to blackberry appworld"

"There is a sync issue" when the blackberry is connected to the computer when I try and sync anything on blackberry app world.

I've made sure I'm connected to wifi, and have roaming on.

I have no APN settings to delete.

I've tried putting hotspot browser on for default browser to see if things work, but to no avail.

I don't even have general options under my security options to do a factory settings restore. So I tried to do a security wipe of my applications, and nothing happened and i was stuck with the loading circle for ten minutes until I took out the battery. Now my applications are even worse and seem to be slowly disappearing.

I followed blackberry forum which said to try deleting blackberry id from applications. It was deleted, but I still couldn't download the latest version.

Please help!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Problems galore!

Hi bjd92

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry but you got a lot of issues and you have deleted your BlackBerry ID but you need that to access App World .Are you having the most recent version of app world ?  If not then first update your app world to the latest version .

Then Try updating your BlackBerry ID software over wifi , for that login to BlackBerry ID on your device > press the menu key then check for Updates 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
bjd92

Had to just go for the complete wipe and things seem to be ok again.

Really no idea what happened!

Elite II
prince2012

Hi bjd92

Is your problem resolved after a wipe ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
bjd92again

It's me, bjd92, but had to create a new account as this website kept telling me to verify my email even though I had done so. Beginning to lose faith in blackberry!

No, the wipe did not work fully. Blackberry ID was updated, but I still can't connect to wifi, even though it says I am connected.

So app world does not load and is stuck with a constant loading screen, and I downloaded whatsapp again, but that's not receiving messages.

Elite II
prince2012

Hello bjd92

Have you updated your App world to the latest version ? Please check those Article which might help you.

KB17659 : Minimum requirement for BlackBerry App World

KB13368 :Services that are available over a Wi-Fi connection

Elite II
prince2012

bjd92again wrote:

It's me, bjd92, but had to create a new account as this website kept telling me to verify my email even though I had done so. Beginning to lose faith in blackberry!

Hi bjd92

Sorry to hear that you have to create a new account , Are you unable to verify your old email account that you used to create your account on this BlackBerry Website ? 

New Contributor
bjd92again

Yeah, everything is the latest version and I've been able to get wifi before. But just now in the last week

Elite II
prince2012

Hi bjd92

Ok , Can you provide the Complete error message that you recieve while accessing Wifi , Also have you gone through the KB suggested above, do you have those minimum requirement ?

New Contributor
bjd92again

I do have the minimum requirements and the error messages are posted my first post.