Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problems galore!

bjd92 wrote:

I'm with 02. I have a BB curve 8520 on operating system 5.

Please help. I do not have a data plan as the blackberry was a gift and i kept my sim card. Everything has been working fine since Christmas. But now when trying to get onto app world, or trying to use an application, I get the following messages:

"Can't connect to server."

"Software update server is unavailable"

"BBID installation failed 80002"

"There is an issue connecting to blackberry appworld"

"There is a sync issue" when the blackberry is connected to the computer when I try and sync anything on blackberry app world.

I've made sure I'm connected to wifi, and have roaming on.

I have no APN settings to delete.

I've tried putting hotspot browser on for default browser to see if things work, but to no avail.

Hi bjd92

Sorry but with so many error messages only way seems to me to start all over again , Do a Backup of your device using BlackBerry Desktop Software :

KB12487 :  How  backup BlackBerry smartphone Data using BlackBerry desktop software for Windows

then try those suggestions :

Reset your device to factory setting :

KB31291 :  How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Create a new BlackBerry ID for your device , go through this Knowledge Base :

KB24062  :  How to Create a BlackBerry ID

Then you can restore your data from your backup . You can download latest BlackBerry App World from here www.blackberry.com/appworld   you may have to  Upadate your BlackBerry ID Software which you update over wifi or your Mobile network .

To Install applications from app world over a computer look at this Knowledge Base :

KB28715 : How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system

Or Connect to a wifi How to connect to a Wi-Fi network using a BlackBerry smartphone  to download apps from App World .

Please try it and see if that helps.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bjd92again
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: 02

Thanks, so I did all that.

I'm connected to my wifi, although as I have no data plan, it shows I am connected but with a greyed out wifi logo and 'edge'.

And I can't use whatsapp because it won't let me connect?

Is that normal without a data plan?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi bid92

Do you have access to BlackBerry Browser without wifi ? You may need to have that to access whatapps for the first time . Or can you call your carrier and add a normal data plan which allow you to access  browser for a few days if your carrier allows,  to see if that helps in resolving your issue.

Also check this Whatsapps FAQ  Why can't I connect to WhatsApp?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bjd92again
My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: 02

Yeah it is working now, but very slowly. I'll have to upgrade to a data plan. Thanks for all your help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi bjd92

You are most welcome.. ...  yes it will be better if you upgrade your data plan . 

Please use plain text.