Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ChrisJSmitty
My Device: BlackBerry 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Accepted Solution

Problems getting BBM to work/install

[ Edited ]

Hey I'm new to blackberry. I'm having problems getting BBM to work. I installed it from APP world several times and it never shows up in the download folder. If I go into MYWORLD it says installed, if I click on it a  run button is present as well as screenshots details etc. comes up but it won't do anything when I click on it. Ive rebooted several times, tried deleting and installing several times and nothing. If I go to Setup>Applications in my BB it is nowhere to be found either. What do I do

Verizon Wireless
BlackBerry 8530 Curve
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,847
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems getting BBM to work/install

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications and scroll the Messenger application and don't click on it, just scroll to it. Click Menu > Delete and remove the application.

Now, do a reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Finally, use your BlackBerry browser to go to http://blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and download/install the Messenger application again.

After installation and possibly another reboot, check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder for the application.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrisJSmitty
My Device: BlackBerry 8530 Curve
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]

Thanks for helping me fix my problem! I really do appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. Everything is working fine now

Thanks

Again Chris

Verizon Wireless
BlackBerry 8530 Curve
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Chris, you're very welcome.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
dw58
My Device: 8520 curve
My Carrier: etisalat

i have tried reinstalling, rebooting but still cannot invite or accept invitations - they remain pending,

JSanders wrote:

Go to Options > Advanced > Applications and scroll the Messenger application and don't click on it, just scroll to it. Click Menu > Delete and remove the application.

Now, do a reboot: With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Finally, use your BlackBerry browser to go to http://blackberry.com/blackberrymessenger and download/install the Messenger application again.

After installation and possibly another reboot, check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder for the application.

JSanders wrote:

Please use plain text.
Nicole1996
My Device: blackberry curve

I brought my blackberry in the t mobile shop, and the man there said if i top up now i get free BBM for six mounth, and my BBM still isent working, iv tried adding people on it, and they have tried adding me, but nothing is happening? . what should i do?

Please use plain text.
tipperlouise
My Device: curve smartphone 8520

hello i hope u cant help me im having problems with to things i cant seem to get on the internet how much credit do u have to have to bable to get on to the internet and i cant seem to work out how to use bbm dont no if it set up right i tryed to add 1 of my friends on there but nuthin its still pending im nt sure about my pin number also i think i no it  thankyou from louise

Please use plain text.
ben0617
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Vodafone

I upgraded my BBM but all it says associating BBM with your blackberry I'd what should I do 

Please use plain text.
Devincurray123
My Device: Blackberry 9360 curve
My Carrier: Globe

ahm hi. i have a problem on my bbm when i click the bbm icon it only saying setting up bbm i try to wait an hour but nothing happen my blackberry is 9360 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Devincurray123 wrote:

ahm hi. i have a problem on my bbm when i click the bbm icon it only saying setting up bbm i try to wait an hour but nothing happen my blackberry is 9360 

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.