Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jbarrett471
My Device: Not Specified

Problems installing New 5.0 OS for curve 8900

Recently i downloaded the new desktop software 5.0 which installed on my computer with no problems at all.  Shortly after restarting my computer i synced my phone up and it promted me about the new software for my phone so of course i installed it.  I read about how the text messages are now in bubble format like the messenger program is now, but after it sucessfully went through the whole update my phone was exactly the same still, but my messenger did change to the newest version.  My phone still says i'm running the 4.6 version of the OS, but plugging my phone to my computer it says i'm up to date? Also, when i try to do wireless update my phone still says no newer updates

Can anybody help me figure out whats going on here?  Why would one program be updated while the rest are still the old version? 

Any help or comments would be awesome!  Thanks everybody!

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,848
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems installing New 5.0 OS for curve 8900

[ Edited ]

OS v5 has not been released by any carrier yet for an official upgrade on the 8900 model.

If your Options > About says it is 4.6, then you have not upgraded the OS...

RIM has released and upgraded BlackBerry Messenger for many of the most recent device models, to BBM v5.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbarrett471
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problems installing New 5.0 OS for curve 8900

Thanks a lot for the response, i had thought it was already out.

by any chance have you heard any rumors about when the next software update for the 8900 will be out?

thanks again

Please use plain text.