Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Problems linking 8310 to pc either using usb or bluetooth

No matter what I try, I can't seem to link my blackberry curve 8310 (ATT) to my windows XP sp3 pc..    I have tried using the software supplied by att, powered off phone, powered back on, and the only thing that happens, is that the phone keeps blinking that it is connecting, but never connects.  So, then I go to the blackberry website, and download the latest software, and the latest usb drivers.   No change.  Phone just keeps blinking (not using a usb hub).  I've tried numerous usb ports on my pc. 

OKay, so now I get tired of trying this, and I try to use my IOGEAR Bluetooth adapter.  After fighting for an hour, I finally get the bluetooth to show up on my iogear software, but it asks for a passcode to link the phone to the pc (the phone is what is requesting the passcode)..  

Does this really have to be this hard.......

I searched and read multiple posts here, but none seemed to fit my problem...

New Contributor

Re: Problems linking 8310 to pc either using usb or bluetooth

Oh and one more thing.  I can't get the blackberry desktop software to allow me to select Bluetooth as my connection option..  It is just greyed out and won't let me select it no matter what I try..
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Do you have a media card? If so plug the USB into the PC and see if it comes up as a removable drive.

This should test the cable and usb port on the BB,

Let me know.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

I plug in the usb cable, and it did come up and recognize my media card (although it only allowed me to format it as fat32, and 3.5gb, instead of the 8gb which it actually has).  I then tried to access it using the Desktop software, and still, my blackberry just blinks and says connecting.  It never will connect. 

I did finally get a bluetooth connection using my iogear adapter, but after connecting, I can't get access to anything on the phone, and can't send anything to it.  I still can't get the Desktop software to go into bluetooth mode.  It is greyed out and I can select it no matter what I do.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you format the memory card, it must be done in FAT (also named FAT16) but not FAT32.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Format the media card in the baclkberry.

Go to OPTIONS MEDIA CARD menu key Format

This will also put the correct directories on the media card

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Okay.  I have finally got it all working...  After searching for days, I found that my IOGEAR bluetooth device installed it's own WIDCOMM bluetooth driver.  I uninstalled the bluetooth adapter, and used then reinstalled, using the windows xp adapter.  Now everything works, including the USB.  Just how a Bluetooth drive can affect a usb device, is beyond me, but that is exactly what all my problems were.  Now everything works just fine, including my phone allowing me to configure my sd card properly. 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

harley2ride wrote:
Just how a Bluetooth drive can affect a usb device, is beyond me, but that is exactly what all my problems were. 

it's the magic of Windows' IRQ

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: