Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-06-2013
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: E-Plus

Problems with BB Curve 8520 - Need Help!

Hey you,

 

I have a BB Curve 8520 and I love it so much.

But in the last week there came up a few prblems I cannot solve without help.

I love my Blacky and don't want to buy a new because Blacky and I, we are a great team since 16 months.

 

The first problem is that whenever I try to do something with my BlackBerry World I get the message that the informations (probably of my BlackBerry ID) could not get updated. For that reason I am not able to download any new apps, which brings my to my next problem: I tried to dowmload WhatsApp from several sites like whatsapp.com or whatever and I tried for hours and days, but there is always the message that the download failed because of "970 Invalid COD" and that is so exhausting as well as being without WhatsApp. I might have to add the all the other applications are working. But the WhatsApp had to be updated and then it disappeared, since that I work on downloading it again and again and again ...

The third thing is that I tried to get in some Wifi-network , I am asked to type the password that is shown on my screen into the Wireless-Router, a thing, that never happened before.

 

Can you help me please?

What is wrong with my Blacky?

Hall of Famer II
Posts: 50,922
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems with BB Curve 8520 - Need Help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

 

The first problem is that whenever I try to do something with my BlackBerry World I get the message that the informations (probably of my BlackBerry ID) could not get updated. For that reason I am not able to download any new apps


Unfortunately, that information is a bit too vague from which to understand what is going on. Can you perhaps provide a specific sequence of steps (step-by-step, please) that you conduct that leads to this point. Also, the exact and complete content of the error message presented will help greatly in understanding what is going on.


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

I tried to dowmload WhatsApp from several sites like whatsapp.com or whatever and I tried for hours and days, but there is always the message that the download failed because of "970 Invalid COD"


Here is a KB that discusses that error:

  • KB21694 907 invalid COD error appears when third-party applications are downloaded

From that, it sounds like your BB is likely associated with (or once was) a BES server...and that the IT Policy is blocking the ability to install this app. If you are on BES now, then talk to your BES admins as they are in control. If you are not on BES, then please check this:

  • KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you have an IT Policy and are not on BES, then you need to remove the IT Policy. But, that's going to be a big job...it will totally wipe your BB clean of everything. So, to prepare, please review and conduct the Backup steps documented in the link you can find in my auto-sig on this post. After you have a full backup, you can conduct this:

  • KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After that completes, when you conduct your restore, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, restore only those databases you need (e.g., contacts, calendar) and especially avoid any databases that have anything to do with Enterprise or IT Policy...if you restore those, you'll just wind up back where you are now.


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

I might have to add the all the other applications are working. But the WhatsApp had to be updated and then it disappeared, since that I work on downloading it again and again and again ...


Hmmm...an IT Policy may or may not be at fault here...


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

 

The third thing is that I tried to get in some Wifi-network , I am asked to type the password that is shown on my screen into the Wireless-Router, a thing, that never happened before.


I don't understand...can you provide the step-by-step that causes this to happen?



Good luck and let us know!




Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎05-01-2013
My Device: Dev Alpha B - Dev Alpha C
My Carrier: Ooredoo

Re: Problems with BB Curve 8520 - Need Help!

Unfortunately, I have only an answer to your third problem :smileysad:
since I have a Whity Blacky Curve 8520 too, I had faced the same wirless network problem before, and I the solution was simply clicking deny and you'll automatically be redirected to the classic connexion method which means that the device will ask you to type the wifi password !! 

I'm pretty sure it will work :smileywink: try it next time !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. If any post helps you please thumb's up below .
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post Solution which solved it for you !!
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎05-06-2013
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: E-Plus

Re: Problems with BB Curve 8520 - Need Help!


sdgardne wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

>>  Thank you for helping me!

 

 

 

   

 

BlackBelly2308 wrote:

The first problem is that whenever I try to do something with my BlackBerry World I get the message that the informations (probably of my BlackBerry ID) could not get updated. For that reason I am not able to download any new apps


sdgardne wrote:

Unfortunately, that information is a bit too vague from which to understand what is going on. Can you perhaps provide a specific sequence of steps (step-by-step, please) that you conduct that leads to this point. Also, the exact and complete content of the error message presented will help greatly in understanding what is going on.


 

 

>>  For example: Options > BlackBerry ID > "Unable to update BlackBerry ID account information while offline."

Everytime I try to download an application from the App World, the message "Error cannot get new token due to device offline state. (Error ID: 40760)" is shown on screen.

 


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

I tried to dowmload WhatsApp from several sites like whatsapp.com or whatever and I tried for hours and days, but there is always the message that the download failed because of "970 Invalid COD"


 

sdgardne wrote:

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

  • KB21694 907 invalid COD error appears when third-party applications are downloaded

From that, it sounds like your BB is likely associated with (or once was) a BES server...and that the IT Policy is blocking the ability to install this app. If you are on BES now, then talk to your BES admins as they are in control. If you are not on BES, then please check this:

  • KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If you have an IT Policy and are not on BES, then you need to remove the IT Policy. But, that's going to be a big job...it will totally wipe your BB clean of everything. So, to prepare, please review and conduct the Backup steps documented in the link you can find in my auto-sig on this post. After you have a full backup, you can conduct this:

  • KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

After that completes, when you conduct your restore, DO NOT do a full restore...rather, restore only those databases you need (e.g., contacts, calendar) and especially avoid any databases that have anything to do with Enterprise or IT Policy...if you restore those, you'll just wind up back where you are now.

 

 


 

 >>  I have checked my BB for any IT Policy but didn't find a thing. Maybe I didn't search for it right?

Furthermore I don't know what this BES and BIS are about, I am using the normal BB Browser if it's that what you were asking for. Should I reset my smartphone anyway?

 

 

 

 

 

 


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

I might have to add the all the other applications are working. But the WhatsApp had to be updated and then it disappeared, since that I work on downloading it again and again and again ...


Hmmm...an IT Policy may or may not be at fault here...


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

 

The third thing is that I tried to get in some Wifi-network , I am asked to type the password that is shown on my screen into the Wireless-Router, a thing, that never happened before.


sdgardne wrote:

I don't understand...can you provide the step-by-step that causes this to happen?

 


 

 


>>   I solved the problem already, thanks to devolco below!


 

 


 

 sdgardne wrote:

Good luck and let us know!

 

 

Thank you so much for your help!!

 

 

Hall of Famer II
Posts: 50,922
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems with BB Curve 8520 - Need Help!


BlackBelly2308 wrote:
 

>>  For example: Options > BlackBerry ID > "Unable to update BlackBerry ID account information while offline."

Everytime I try to download an application from the App World, the message "Error cannot get new token due to device offline state. (Error ID: 40760)" is shown on screen.

 


I don't find that exact error code, but here are some similar articles:

  • KB32421 Error "Token has expired, please login. Error ID 50101" when logging into App World
  • KB28212 "Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

You also might try searching those public KBs for other articles.


BlackBelly2308 wrote:
 >>  I have checked my BB for any IT Policy but didn't find a thing. Maybe I didn't search for it right?

I don't know what you did...if you followed the instructions correctly, then you did it right. If you didn't follow them correctly, then you did not. But, since I cannot see what you did, I can't know...


BlackBelly2308 wrote:
Furthermore I don't know what this BES and BIS are about, I am using the normal BB Browser if it's that what you were asking for. 

BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service. BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Solution. They are different service levels you can purchase for your BB from your mobile service provider. You must have one of them in order to use the full set of BB services as many of those services are provided by virtue of servers hosted at the carriers/BlackBerry for use only by BB customers...hence, a proper BB data plan typically costs more than a generic data plan for non-BB devices. But, pricing and services included within plans is controlled by the carrier, so it's impossible to tell you what should or should not be working for you. To be sure, you likely should ring up your mobile service provider to find out exactly what services should work and if what you are now attempting is even allowed under the plan you presently have.

The "normal" BB Browser, in some cases, will not work without a proper BB data plan.


BlackBelly2308 wrote:

 Should I reset my smartphone anyway?


Probably not...you should first find out, from your carrier, if the things you are attempting to do are even available to you under whatever your service plan is from them.

Good luck!




Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code