Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

myraft
My Device: Not Specified

Problems with curve 8320 T-Mobile

I have a curve 8320 with T-Mobile. I am having problems with the phone. The phone hangs on the hour glass and will not function until I pull out the battery and restart. After the restart, it will work for a period of 2 to 3 hours before the problem recurs. I contacted my service provider T-Mobile, since the phone is under warranty ( has not been a year). They are the most horrible service.  I am not sure where to begin. They are not willing to replace the phone. The will may be some day give me a refurbished phone and charge me at least $10. Futher the phone is in back order so good luck. They can NOT tell me when I will get a working phone as the billing continues.

My advice - go with another service carrier and don't pick this model. I wish there was a consumer affair / BBB where this could be reported and tracked. As I explained to the folks there, that I don't make excuses that the country / world is recession so I won't pay my bill, they should give me a phone that works. Funny thing is there is no way to complain, you can't even send them an email. Call and stay on the phone for hours. I have literally spent over 2 weeks ( 1 here , 1/2 hour there) with them. I logged every rep I talked to, including the reprsentative number hoping there was a "peoples court" that I can take them to.

Stay away from T-Mobile Blackberry Curves 8320.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with curve 8320 T-Mobile

This is a community support forum... the welcome thread even calls it peer-to-peer support.

I didn't notice a question in your post, but do you need help--or better yet--willing to receive help on your device were you to ask for it?

Otherwise, your post is just a rant about Tmobile, and this is the BlackBerry Community Support Forums. I'd be glad to help trouble shoot with you, if you wanted.

If you just want to rant about poor Tmobile support, you might look at the Tmobile user forums

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/

The 8320 is a great device, I'm betting a good data backup and software upgrade will fix it up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Bakeisback

I think I am in the same boat as the owner of this thread.  Here is my situation....

About 2 weeks ago the phone started shutting down while I would make a call.  I would get about 2-5 minutes into the call and then it was dead.  I would pull the battery and reboot.  Sometimes it would stay on the hourglass for a while then shut off again.  Sometimes it would get to the main screen, run the security check, then die again.  About every 10th try I would get a full boot and the phone would "function normally" until I made a call. Using the internet would also cause it to shut down, but not as quickly.  I did the update from the website.  BIG MISTAKE.  The phone was doing wonderfully updating..... until the end.....  I got an error that said a FATAL ERROR  had occured and I would have to try the update again.  When I looked at the phone it had a blank white screen.  Now when I boot the phone, it only goes to a white screen.  The update will not recognize that a phone has been connected.  What can I do if nothing recognizes that a broken Curve is connected?

Forums Advisor III
kijanasmart
My Device: 8330

myraft: reiterating JSanders sentiments, the forums are intended for support among blackberry users. If you can post your specific issues, somebody will be more than glad to help you out :smileyhappy:

Bakeisback: I just posted a link on your other thread to try and get your phone up and running again...take a look at it, try it out, and post back on the same thread and we can take it from there.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
AViXEN

This is soooo true. This maybe a community thing for the blackberry but if tmobile isnt doing a good job represnting and solving blackberry problems that brings down the product sales.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320, I have called tmobile on several occasions because my phone never has service adn they said that it is not the company it is the phone and so far to the date (I bought the phone April 2008) but from June to today I have so far gotten about 4 replacement phones and none of them have solved the problem. What might the problem be.  I have the new software and all...

Contributor
Bakeisback

I did an update, which nuked the d*** thing.  Got the software to reinstal.   Same problem, except for now it crashes even faster.... Maybe TMobile is the company they are talking about in that comercial when they reference the "PAPERWEIGHT MODE".  cuz it dont work enough to be a real phone.
jcallah1224
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

My phone just started doing that same thing.  Did you ever find a solution and if so what was it?  Thanks!

marissa
My Device: 8320

I too am a T-Mobile Curve user and I have NOT had any problems w/ T-Mobile.

T-Mobile doesn't necessarily service these devices, you have to go through Blackberry Support, RIM or the Support Forums here. There have been times that I've called T-Mobile and taught them a thing or two before they transferred me over to their BlackBerry Support people.

I say this NOT as a slam on TMobile (I've been w/ them forever) but to let you realize that you HAVE to get to the Specialty BBERRY SUPPORT folks for assistance. 

New Contributor
georgemarios
My Device: v4.5.0.81 model 8320

Ihave the same problem, my BB just started shutting down when I make a call.  please help?  BB supporting community forum!!

Contributor
Bakeisback

Marissa,

I know how it works.  TMobile has s BB support system.  I have delt with both of them, and they both swear the update will fix it all.  Good Luck, your on your own....   The best hope is that you have got the software insurance when u got ur phone.  Otherwise go get a used phone to replace this one.