Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
echomrg
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Problems with email setup - Can't access security check

Hi all, i've recently aquired a BB Curve 9300 and managed to setup everything but I still have an unsolved problem:

i set up a gmail email account from my provider mobile email setup page (http://mobileemail.vodafone.it) and asked to sync both contacts and calendars.

The email was correctly set up as i can read and send emails but syncronization doesn't work.

My provider's site says:

If you have not already done so, to start calendar and contact synchronization, complete the security activation on your BlackBerry® device:
1. On the Home screen, click the Setup icon and click Email Accounts or Email Settings.
2. After you open the application, the security activation starts. When security activation is complete, calendar and contact synchronization automatically begins.

If i try to do just that (open the menu, click on the set-up icon and then choose the "Email Accounts" icon) the device quickly shows a hourclass icon, hide it and then does nothing.

If i try to access "Email Account Management" from inside the mailbox options i get the following error message:

"unable to open email set-up application. contact your wireless service provider"

I tried contacting my wireless service provider both in-shop and on the phone and their theory is that the email setup application is too new and is not compatible with my version of the blackberry OS (which is 6.0 bundle 2949, the device says it's up to date).

I tried a battery pull but didn't help.

Any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Marcello

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Problems with email setup - Can't access security check

This may work:

From the device go to

blackberry.com/integrate

and see if you can setup your email from there.

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I went to that page, checked the accounts i had already configured and i got no error.

Unfortunately sync still doesn't work and the email setup page for my provider still says i have to complete the security activation process.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Gotcha.

Are you able to access the email account from https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

If so, delete the email account from there then try adding it using the integrate link on the phone.

hi, thanks for your help.

i deleted the email accounts and added them back with the BB integrate, the email accounts are configurated but the integrate page doesn't allow you to sync gmail contacts and calendars like the other page.

the email accounts icon in the set-up application still doesn't work and the email accounts manager from the single account options menu gives the same error.

is there a way to do a complete wipe out of the device restoring the firmware from a known source?

thanks again

M

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359

Yes try this guide:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...