Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Thicknyss
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: bmobile
Accepted Solution

Problems with my BB Curve 9320

Good morning guys. I recently purchased the blackberry curve 9320. Everything was fine until I downloaded the whatsapp application. Previously I was able to use the Blackberry Messenger with no problems. After I installed Whatsapp the Blackberry Messenger icon disappered.

I went to App World to re-install only to be told that BB messenger was already installed.

The Blackberry 9320 has a button on the left side of the phone that allows you to go straight to the messenger. Even that is not responding.

I would be really grateful if anyone can help me with this issue.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with my BB Curve 9320

1. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this. If your BBM button doesn't work or your icon doesn't appear, still, then:

2. Delete BBM from Options > Device > Application Management.

3. Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

4. Reinstall BBM from AppWorld or from your BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/bbm

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thicknyss

Hey. Thanks so much for your feedback. Forgot to mention that when i went to Options > Device > Application Management there is no sign of BB Messenger there. I really looked every where but still no sign of BB messenger.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Yea, you didn't.

Remember, in that list, it would be BlackBerry Messenger, not BBMessenger.

So, using your BlackBerry browser, go to www.blackberry.com/bbm and download it again.

Reboot first, like I said.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Thicknyss

Wow! Thanks so much for your help. It worked. All is well my Thicknyss Land now. LOL. Thanks so much again.

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Thicknyss wrote:

Wow! Thanks so much for your help. It worked. All is well my Thicknyss Land now. LOL. Thanks so much again.

You're welcome... good luck!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jongint
My Carrier: 8.ta

I just bought a bb 9320 and not happy with it At all I have to charge it twice A day and I have bought 2 aplications for battery saver still the same nothing is helping please I need help as it is only 5days old,thanx
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Two applications to save battery life? That in itself is a waste of battery.
There are hundreds of posts here in the forum on saving battery life. Here's one. http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2011/10/extending-blackberry-6-blackberry-7-battery-life/

Additionally, since this thread is not about battery life, for future questions you should start your own thread. Thanks!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Peejaybobo
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: civil engineer

Good morning, please I need your assistance. I am using a blackberry curve 9320. I received a prompt from BB appworld to upgrade my Blackberry messenger, which I did. After the upgrading, I tried to use the application, it shows "CANNOT SETUP BBM. A TEMPORAY BBM SERVER ERROR HAS OCCURRED, RETRY". Please what can I do to rectify it.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Peejaybobo wrote:
Good morning, please I need your assistance. I am using a blackberry curve 9320. I received a prompt from BB appworld to upgrade my Blackberry messenger, which I did. After the upgrading, I tried to use the application, it shows "CANNOT SETUP BBM. A TEMPORAY BBM SERVER ERROR HAS OCCURRED, RETRY". Please what can I do to rectify it.

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

And try the setup again.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.