Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
hubsnswitches
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Problems with my Curve 9320: Name in phone contacts does not appear when receiving calls from it.

Sometimes my BB Curve 9320 does not  show the name of the caller even though it is saved in my contacts' list.  There are no double entries as I have checked them already.  Only the numbers of the caller appears when someone calls but when you checked on the Call Logs after receiving the call, the name of the caller in recognized there.  This happens randomly, but it is quite irritating.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Problems with my Curve 9320: Name in phone contacts does not appear when receiving calls from it.

Did you enable content protection from he security settings?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hubsnswitches
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Re: Problems with my Curve 9320: Name in phone contacts does not appear when receiving calls from it.

[ Edited ]

hi tanzim, i don't think so.  how will i know if it is enabled? how do i disable it if it is so?  and by the way, this occurs randomly....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi hubsnswitches ,

Welcome ,

As Tanzim already adviced why don;t you try it, the easiest way is Type Encryption on the search box then press enter On that screen you can see " Include contacts " which is by default always Marked  just Unmarked it and save it. Have a try.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
becky8933
My Device: Blackberrt curve
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Hi,

I just wanted to say .. this exact same thing happens to me all the time. I logged in today planning to enter a message.. but then I scrolled down and saw your answer!

I worked!

Thanks,

Rebecca

Please use plain text.