Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Clarash
My Device: blackberry curve 8310 gps
My Carrier: personal

Problems with the battery charging and turning the BB on

Hi! I bought my blackberry two days ago and I charged it 24 hours. The thing is that there's a battery icon with a line crossing it rigth in the middle of the screen and I press the turning on button but it doesn't turn on. I need help, is it normal? Am I doing something wrong? I'd really apreciate if someone's help me!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Problems with the battery charging and turning the BB on

Hi Clarash,

Welcome to the Community,

The Battery icon with a line crossing or lightning bolt appear while we  charge a device battery ,It seems your Battery has completly drained out ,try to charge it for 3 to 4 hrs. but remember in between this don't try to power on your device after that try to power on if it fail than leave it for another 2 hrs. then try again and what happen.

If all fails as you told that the device is just 2 days old so the best bet will be go to point of sale from where you buyed that device and call for a replacement. And one thing more as our batteries are lithium ion batteries there is no need of charging it more than 3 to 4 hrs.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.