Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
chinzebaby
My Device: Not Specified

Question about saving new numbers/contacts

HI, so once again im a new BB user. And im use to (with all my previous cell phones) i would save my contacts/numbers to my SIM card. So whenever i decide to change a phone all i do is switch out my SIM card to my new phone and viola all my contacts are there.

So my question is if there is an Option where i can choose to make sure ALL new contacts i add to my phone wil be saved to my SIM or to at least both Address Book (Phone) and my SIM card. Because the last thing i want is to change phones (not to another BB but to any other cell phone) and lose all those new contacts when i was using my BB.

And what i've done so far is basically add a new contact to my adress book. (so i know how to do it. I just need to figure out how to save it to my SIM w/o having to literally punch it in twice ONCE into my address book and then once again to my SIM)

thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Question about saving new numbers/contacts

Hi,

Model phone please, ex Curve 8330.

Tks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chinzebaby
My Device: Not Specified

Tmobile Blackberry Curve 8320 (Sunset edition)
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

chinzebaby wrote:
HI, so once again im a new BB user. And im use to (with all my previous cell phones) i would save my contacts/numbers to my SIM card. So whenever i decide to change a phone all i do is switch out my SIM card to my new phone and viola all my contacts are there.
Hello,

with a Blackberry Curve, the SIM is used :
as an identifier for the mobile network
to read your contacts and copy them to your Blackberry address book

You can't store anything on the SIM.

=> tou will have to use a third party application on the day you will want to change your mobile phone :
you can for instance synchronize your Address Book with the one in Microsoft Outlook, and then from Microsoft Outlook and your new mobile phone (provided it can sync with Microsoft Outlook).

but is your next mobile phone is a Blackberry, you'll just have to do a resync with a Blackberry backup.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.