Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: Not Specified

RE: Passwords

I have 3 Blackberries for my business and I am looking at ways to deter my staff from using them for personal use.  I have serveral questions.

1. Can Blackberry Messenger be password protected to prevent others from adding and deleting new contacts?

2. Can Messenger conversations be forwarded automatically to a third party?

3. Has anyone used any of the tracking software that logs SMS text conversations, e-mails etc.?

4. Can I have a password that does not allow a user to make changes such as adding and deleting conversations but still allow them to use the regular features?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: RE: Passwords

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

What you are referring to are server based opitons where  is a central control that can enable policies

for control of the those functions

I am not aware of third party app that would accomplish the same thing.

I will look around and ask, remember though that these would have to individually maintained.

What carrier are you with?

The web based server solution:

Here are two companies  that would work for you, It also appears the carriers are stepping up efforts

to provide this more control, I would check with your carrier

And LoginMe in is starting a program, announced this week@

Message Edited by Bifocals on 05-08-2009 07:59 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Re: RE: Passwords

The easiest way if you have enough bb users and the funds it to purchase and Blackberry Enterprise Server for your email and you can setup IT policies to block certain services and abilities on the phone