Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

jchonda929
My Carrier: Boost
Accepted Solution

REM files on 9310

I recorded my niece's wedding on my phone. When I got home, I tried to transfer it to my computer. It transferred but it contains a .rem file extension. I am unable to view it. How can I convert the .rem file into a different file for viewing? Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JC

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: REM files on 9310

You have encryption switched on so you will need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to transfer the videos from your phone to computer 

Please use plain text.
jchonda929

I turned off the encryption. I also removed the battery and turned my phone back on. When I copied the video file over to my computer, it still has the .rem extension. Windows Media Player does not recognize it. Is there a way to convert this file?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

You need to use Blackberry Desktop Manager to download them, though I'm not sure the effect turning encryption off will have
Please use plain text.
jchonda929

Thanks! I finally got it to work. I had to turn the encryption back on before I connected my phone to Desktop. Once I did that, it was able to sync. I appreciate your advice!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

No worries, glad you got it sorted
Please use plain text.
ramanbatish
My Carrier: jal. dealer

Re: REM files on 9800

i have my friend's race winning video here with me.. he has taken my blackberry mobile fone with him.. but i just simply copied the videos files into my dell inspiron pc.. it has extension of .rem and i couldnot able to open these videos.. i have tried no. of converters but useless.. i am a civil engineer, i dont know much about formats and all.. please help to open/play it..

thankyou. suggest the simplest, soon.

Please use plain text.