Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
lwalters1
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

RIM messages

I keep getting emails that state "RIM bca28a80-e9c0-11d1-87fe-00600811c6a2" with an attachment.

This message is used to carry data between the blackberry handheld and an associated server.  Please do not delete, more or respond to this message-it will be processed by the server.

and then more mumbled stuff.

Yesterday I received 10

today I am already up to 10.

What are they and what do I do with them?

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: RIM messages

Reason : You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

Step 1: If you're not using Redirector, you should uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall it using the BlackBerry Internet Service option.

Step 2: On your device, go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
lwalters1

I don't understand.  To fix it I need to delete old DM and then reload it?  Do I click something different upon the reinstillation?
Forums Veteran III
urumilton
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Yes, follow the steps provided by JSanders, uninstall the Desktop Manager and install it again using Bis Option in the setup configuration
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

lwalters1 wrote:
  Do I click something different upon the reinstillation?

Yes... You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

You need to reinstall DM using the personal BIS option.

As instructed above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Sparticus

OK - what if you have two users - 1 is just using pop email and shouldn't have loaded redirector per this post but the second user on same computer also gets work email form Microsoft Outlook Exchange server at work and pop email at home?  When we installed Desktop we installed twice - once under each user profile? The user that has Work and Personal email gets no RIM msesages, the Pop user is up to 100
New Contributor
timtracey

Hi, I wish I could help. I've been getting 3 an hour for the last few days. Currently, I'm marking opened, saving then deleting, but its a pain and I'd rather not get them. How do you communicate with Blackberry?
New Contributor
tvial

When I installed, the only two options I got initially were using an enterprise server (which I am not) or using redirector. If I reinstall and don't choose redirector, will I continue to get my emails re-directed to my handheld? Are my only options 1) use redirector and receive these multiple messages, 2) don't use redirector and therefore don't receive my emails on my handheld as well as Outlook?

I also can't seem to get my calendar to sync from my handheld into the Outlook calendar, even though I'm getting my contacts and emails synced.

Thanks for the help.

New Contributor
RandyGritton

My wife started getting this today.  She has not had it hooked up to her computer for several months so I struggle with this being the only cause.  She has been getting/sending emails fine up until today.  And I am most certain that I did not select the Redirector option as I would have selected the same set up as on mine (and I am not seeing this issue).

What else may have changed to cause this issue?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
drizzt09
My Device: 8320 / 9530

easiest way to see if you have redirector installed is when you open DTM, do you see an EMAIL SETTINGS icon on the main menu?

another way is on your device, goto options- advanced options- service book... see if you see any that start with DESKTOP

need to know FOR SURE that redirector is not installed.

it also doesnt need to be installed on her PC, if she ever plugged into another PC that has it (even to charge) and clicked ona  YES button, that will cause it too.