Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: RIM messages

I can guarantee you she doesn't connect it to another PC -- she doesn't even connect it to her own computer. The only time that ever happened, was over a year ago when I initially set her phone up and sync'd contact lists.  She isn't on an enterprise setup. Isn't that what creates the Desktop service? 

I'll be able to look into this later in the week.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

yes being on a BES usually creates DESKTOP service books

if she is not on a BES and did not plug into a PC that has redirector without a doubt, then the on other thing that could cause this is someone else is trying to activate on a BES with her email... and failing miserably

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Okay, so I was wrong, heh heh.  I think because I had installed it under my account it had the BES link turned on.  She did have Desktop service enabled.  I disabled that and uninstalled/reinstalled DTM early this morning.  Seemed to be okay.  Then this afternoon she had 3 more of those messages show up.  Still no Desktop service on her phone.  Could this be from server attempts at resending an email from earlier in the week when the problem showed up?