Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

RSA SecureID

Installed the RSA SecureID application and imported a token. But when I launch the application I received this ....Uncaught exception: Layout requested during layout: Screen: PasscodeScreen Engine: net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEngineImpl$UiEngineOldInterfaceAdapter@e89972b0

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: RSA SecureID

[ Edited ]

Ah, this type of error is right up my alley.

This error is a typical indication of an error in the coding within the app. I'm not familiar with the app itself, but what it looks like to me is that it's attempting to launch a popup window to you, and that is when the error occurs. 

Perhaps you could provide a little more detail regarding this?

Blackberry Model

OS Version

RSA SecureID version

EDIT: I shouldn't say simply that it's a problem with the coding of the app. Another cause of the issue is that the application is not compatible with the version of the OS you are running as well.

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Model - 8530

OS Version -  v5.0.0.1000 (Bundle 1638, Platform 4.2.0.434)

RSA SecureID version - 3.0.2  (SecurIDLib Version 2.3)

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve - 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

The RSA SecurID website states that 5.0.0.*** versions of the BB OS are compatible, but only tested on 3 versions, yours not being one of them. 

My suggestion to get this to work is to downgrade your OS to 5.0.0.508 which is one of the OS versions tested. Instructions on doing so are here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

Source of information: rsa.com/node.aspx?id=3570

Disclaimer: I'm just a regular user like the rest of you. I have spent a lot of time learning the limitations of the Blackberries to know how to fix most problems. If I have suggested a fix, please give a kudo and mark as a solution!