Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
My Device: 9360
Accepted Solution

Re: Curve 9360 problem please help!

An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry World client. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again. the same message i am getting when connect with my laptop.. please help me
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

chantiravi55 wrote:
An error has occurred communicating with the BlackBerry World client. If you have content protection enabled on your device, please disable and try again. the same message i am getting when connect with my laptop.. please help me

Hello,

You should do the same as advised above...go to the Public KB database (link above) and search on your error. I am 99.99999% certain that there is a KB (probably multiple) that applies specifically to your situation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

what you said above site i visited the site and do the instructions on getting my error but it is not solved ....so what purpose they are providing this type of stupid knowledge bases........................

Hall of Famer II

chantiravi55 wrote:

what you said above site i visited the site and do the instructions on getting my error but it is not solved ....so what purpose they are providing this type of stupid knowledge bases........................

You seem to not want to participate nicely, so I will now oblige your wishes and cease.

Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

is there any other ways to get solved my problem or not tell me clearly.........
thank you
Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

chantiravi55 wrote:
is there any other ways to get solved my problem or not tell me clearly.........
thank you

Stand by...since your issue is not exactly the same as the OP of this thread, I am going to ask the Mods to split out all of your posts (and my replies) to a thread of it's own so that we do not continue to hijack the OPs issues.

Stand by...

OK...now that you have a thread of your own, please tell us exactly what results you had from looking up, in the KB database, your error. What KBs did you try, what exactly happened from each attempt, etc? Details please, so that we can avoid giving you advice that is redundant to what you may have already tried.

Note that, from your post 3 above, I cannot tell anything other than nothing you tried worked...but I have no idea what you actually tried...hence, details from you will enhance our understanding of your situation, which will hopefully enable us to provide you with useful guidance.

Let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

dear sir what you given the kb i went there searched solution for my error on my curve 9360 . i followed what instructions what they are given in the site but it didnt worked on my phone the same erroe once again repeting. so i asked you people is there any other way to solve my problem. dont think that i have not tried. .........

thank you

Hall of Famer II

[ Edited ]

I believe you...I believe that you have tried. But, from what you say here, I have no idea exactly what you tried. You need to cite specifics...KB numbers would help. But, by just telling us what you have so far told us, we can't tell anything about what you actually tried, and hence can't give you next steps because we need to rule out what you have already tried. But you need to reveal to us exactly what you tried (again, KB numbers would help).

Please consider that we have only your words to guide us...nothing more than that. So far, your words lack any details to help us understand what you have already tried. I believe you that you have tried something...I just have no idea what it was.

Thanks and let us know.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

dear sir i went to knoledge base site what you given previously and given my error as how to disable the content protection on my 9360. in results shown that how to disable the content protection on the bases of os 4, 4.1 they given one procedure to disable the content protection and 6, 7.0, 7.1 os smart phone they given once procedure i followed my smart phone is 7.1 os procedure. then again i reconnect to my laptop for downloading the application from bb apps world again it is showing the same error which i was mentioned above. so please help to slove this problem.

thank you

Hall of Famer II

Hello again,

Sorry for the delay...I have been away.

I still cannot tell, from your post, exactly which KB (or KBs) you have attempted to use. You continue to neglect to provide the details I request -- KB numbers. From your words, I still cannot tell exactly what you have tried...example:

chantiravi55 wrote:

in results shown that how to disable the content protection on the bases of os 4, 4.1 they given one procedure to disable the content protection and 6, 7.0, 7.1 os smart phone they given once procedure i followed my smart phone is 7.1 os procedure. 

From that, I think you found 3 different KBs, and ruled out the first two as not applying to your OS level. Then, you tried whatever it said in the 3rd KB, but the result did not change. But...I still have no idea exactly which (of the thousands!!!) of KBs you actually attempted to use. To help you, I really need you to tell me the exact KB number that you used...your brief descriptions are not adequate to help me to find what you are attempting, so I remain unable to proceed any further.

Also, you marked this thread as solved...which would indicate that you resolved your situation? Is that so? If it is so, please help the other users here by providing them with the exact solution that worked for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates