Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Recommendations for productivity software I can download

Ok the fix I gave you protects your emails.

"Documents created on them"

In what formats word excel.etc?

I used to keep my individual employee files in a separate directory that was not shared, and was hidden,

I'm sure I had it password protected as well.

Basically you start a document and select the hidden directory, password and go.

Or would you like us to search for  separate product. What I an suggesting is cheap, quick and does

not add overhead from a third party program.

Let me know!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adoannie
My Device: Curve 8330 Alltel 4.3.0.12

Documents are in word and/or excel but I don't understand why you are asking.  That doesn't have anything to do with my personal stuff on my BB that I want to sync to my computer.   I do have information in a separate directory that no one can access but me, but that doesn't help when it comes to getting that info synced to my BB .... or does it?  I want the whole nine yards....calendar, address book, memos, tasks.

Like I said, they can look at anything on my computer EXCEPT the info the hidden directy and the info I want to sync from my BB to my computer.

Sorry if I'm frustrating the fool out of you.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adoannie

Didn't mean for that last post to sound snippy.  Sounded worse when I read it AFTER I hit "post".   I'm just not understanding, obviously.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

No problem, I don't know what you have already setup, do I made a generic suggestion.

One more question, the items you synch from your BB, these are sensitve calendar entrys, notes, tasks, and contacts?

Are the any other documents I missed?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Adoannie

Nope, you covered them all. Bascially it's all my personal stuff with some office info thrown in, but the office info is for my eyes only.  For ex:  I keep a record of when I had to have "the talk" with Employee A, documenting she was given a warning.  I want to keep that on my BB and be able to sync it to my office computer (and home computer) but without anyone at the office being able to access it.  There are times I am home at night, thinking about office situations and I want to access office/employee information.  If I have these records on my BB and it's synced to my home computer also, then I can check this info at 11:00 p.m. if I want to.

I don't have anything set up, so I'm a blank slate here.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

OK,

Here is the easiest solution of all. Stay home and run the office from there!

Where was I...Oh right. :smileyhappy:

Leave your hidden directories, don't worry about your calendar and the BB items.

You have to share the PC with the other ladies from time to time. EIther you or your IT guy

set you up as the Administrator of the PC. Then your create an account for each lady or one for guest.

The guest has NO RIGHTS AT ALL to the administrators programs or files. Guaranteed.

All they can use is THEIR VERSION of word, outlook etc. They in effect use a different copy of the program.

It is a COMPLETE new PROFILE that you control. I suggest you make an account per lady, and assign a password,

just for accountability. The process I'm talking about takes about 5 minutes per account to setup.

You work on your computer, a lady needs to use it, you just logoff, the screen goes back to a login and the other

lady log's in. NOTHING of what you were doing or had up is visible to her.

HOW'S THAT, and it's FREE.

Let me know,

Thanks

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On your PC at the office, you need to create a new user profile for WHEN you "loan" the computer out to another employee to use. They sign in on THAT new profile, you sign in on yours WITH your password.

They won't be able to access YOUR outlook files then. That is the simplest cheapest easiest method to achieve your goal of the privacy on the office PC, AND at the same time be able to have access to your email, calendar, memos and tasks in outlook at home and the office.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

J, LOOK UP, DID I STUTTER :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,841
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, I just can't read this well late in the afternoon, and I haz cheezburgers on my mind.  :smileyvery-happy:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals

[ Edited ]
Cheeseburgers and BIFOCALS for everybody :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-30-2008 06:04 PM

Please use plain text.