Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Reconciling from BB to email

Hi!

I am new to the forum and just replaced my Pearl with a fantasic new 8900 curve!

I am really preferring the Curve to my old Pearl except for a couple of issues I am having. I will post the 2nd issue separately, but my main problem is that any deleting, reading or filing of my Hotmail emails via my pc is not feeding through to my Curve.

My service provider assures me it is not meant to, but this always reconciled on my Pearl (a mere few days ago !!).

Can anyone help? Is there a setting I need to change, whether on my outlook or hotmail or on the device itself?

Is T-Mobile correct in assuring me that I cannot reconcile from email to device, despite the fact that my old Pearl used to and that my husband's new Curve seems to be reconciling both ways just fine?

Thanks so much to anyone that can help.

Naomi

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reconciling from BB to email

Hi there!

Here is an article about reconciliation:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05434&slic... 0 91362414

Also, you need to be sure that you've turned on, in the messaging options of the BB, wireless reconciliation and indicated how you want it to work.

Hope that helps!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320

[ Edited ]
There is an error in the above article on email reconciliation.  It states the Wireless Deletion of hotmail is not a capability, when in fact it is.  I have Gmail and Hotmail on my BB Curve, and my hotmails delete remotely from my inbox if I delete from the phone.  It's my Gmail one that's not working correctly.  I just tested it a minute ago to be sure before I posted.
Message Edited by pinkdaisies on 06-08-2009 08:33 AM
Solutions: 6,260
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

There are some updates that have been recommended to the writers of the KB articles.

For your gmail issues, you should to to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Delete the two Service Book entries for your Gmail account.

Then, enter your BIS email set up screen. From there, delete your gmail push account.

Now, re set it back up, once again, same way.

Now, at the BIS site, also choose "Send Service Books".

That should reset the account with the higher level of BIS service, and enable your gmail delete reconciliation.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, so I deleted my gmail email acct, and a yahoo I also have attached(because it wasn't reconciling either).  Then re-set up those 2 email accounts and resent the service books.  Now, the yahoo acct is working again properly, and so is gmail.  But..I have 5 gmail emails on my blackberry(that are no longer in my inbox) that will not delete no matter what I do.  Lastly, now hotmail is no longer syncing/reconciling.  This is such a mess!! Any ideas? Toss the **bleep** thing out the window and go to iPhone?!  lol

Update: Hotmail is working too..  it was just a little slow.  Only issue now is not being able to delete those last 5 gmail emails. I've done 3 battery pulls this morning. No luck.

Message Edited by pinkdaisies on 06-08-2009 10:32 AM
Message Edited by pinkdaisies on 06-08-2009 10:32 AM

pinkdaisies wrote:

Toss the **bleep** thing out the window and go to iPhone?!  lol

Update: Hotmail is working too..  it was just a little slow. 

Ah, patience was your friend.

pinkdaisies wrote:

Only issue now is not being able to delete those last 5 gmail emails. I've done 3 battery pulls this morning. No luck.

Open your Messages folder > Menu > View Saved. If those five messages are saved there, please delete them.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Re:

pinkdaisies wrote:

Only issue now is not being able to delete those last 5 gmail emails. I've done 3 battery pulls this morning. No luck.

Open your Messages folder > Menu > View Saved. If those five messages are saved there, please delete them.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They're not in my saved messages folder, however they are in my Message folder.  I deleted gmail again and have not re-set it up or gotten the service book.  I tried to file the messages in Spam but that didn't work, they still showed up.  Now I have 2 copies of all 5 messages.

Check your gmail account... do you them saved or archived there?

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

No they've been deleted from gmail, and a couple of them archived into folders.

pinkdaisies wrote:

Hi,

No they've been deleted from gmail, and a couple of them archived into folders.

So yes, "archived" being part of my question, above.

There's your clue, I think.

Knowledge Base Updates