Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mojaki
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Recovering SMS after formatting and updating OS

Please provide assistance on the follwing:

I am using an 8520 Curve, around  December I had a white screen nule(forgot the message). It was then wiped (never backed up) and then updated to OS 5. I am now trying to recover a few text messages i.e.IPD File and have tried a number of options available online to no avail. Please provide assistance if there is any.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: Recovering SMS after formatting and updating OS

mojaki wrote:

I am using an 8520 Curve, around  December I had a white screen nule(forgot the message). It was then wiped (never backed up) and then updated to OS 5. I am now trying to recover a few text messages i.e.IPD File and have tried a number of options available online to no avail. 

Hello mojaki

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you wiped your device and never did a backup , then how can you get those Backup files i;e: IPD files ?

Did  you used BlackBerry Protect in your device before a wipe , if you have then login to BlackBerry Protect website from which you can restore those back in your device . Or elase you cannot .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
mojaki

Thanks for the reply
I had never used Blackberry Protect prior wiping nor had backed up in any manner as I had a white screen. I will have to then get a sim card reader to recover select text messages one again Thanks for the reply
Elite II
prince2012

Hello mojaki

BlackBerry Protect application is a free , it Backup our data like Contacts ,Calendars, SMS , Tasks ,Memos ,Browser bookmarks etc . You should  use such nice application.

mojaki wrote:
 I will have to then get a sim card reader to recover select text messages one again Thanks for the reply

Well , I don't know if a SIM card reader will be helpful . It can help only if you're saving your text messages on your SIM card and had done such setting within your device ! Have you done that , to leave  Message on your SIM card ? If not then your all text message are stored in your device memory which already lost after a device wipe .

But still you can try ,I hope you have done such setting  previously.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
mojaki

Some text messages, I realise, were are saved on SIM by default. I am trying PARABEN and RETAINER forensic software as another option.
Thanks for your feedback
Elite II
prince2012

OK then ! I wish you achieve that you want .

Good luck.

New Contributor
mojaki

Much appreciated. Thanks