Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Red Cross over Battery on my new phone

The white plastic is a moisture indicator...plain white is good, with a red bar through it would be bad.

If there are no plastic covers over the actual battery terminals as well as none inside of the battery compartment, then it should be making a solid connection.

That battery model number would be what you'd need to find to do the battery swap test. It may or may not exist in other model BBs.

Did you read your quick start guide? Did it say to leave your BB plugged in and not use it for some period of time?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes, I read the start quick guide and nothing here says anything about charge it first. This is what I tried to do anyway. I stuck the battery in for the first time plugged it in then this icon showed up and I had a Blackberry pevious to this one and had no problems with it. Tomorrow I am going to contact the provider via phone because I was told the instructions I said before and did not know where this plastic was across the battery strip was and since there is none from what I can see I do not have a clue what to do.
Hall of Famer II

I don't understand...so it was your provider that told you to remove the strip that's not even there? Did you buy this from them? Or did you buy it elsewhere? Where you bought it is actually key to where your support for this comes from...your original place of purchase or an authorized service center would be your warranty providers (it varies by region). If you happened to have purchased it from your mobile service provider, then they indeed would be the support provider also for this issue. But, from your words, I can't tell...hopefully you know.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

I just want to say Thank You for all your advise it has been very helpful and I will contact provider tomorrow. A big thank you goes to yourself though for all the help you have given me was not expecting a reply off anyone on this but i am bery grateful you have given me suggestions, unfortunately, none have worked but thank you very much for your time an efforts can not say how appreciative I am of all your help.
Thank You
Hall of Famer II

You are very welcome...good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates