Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jhnash01
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

I never was able to solve it.  I traded in my BB Curve for a BB Bold and just restored my data.  No such problem on my Bold so far.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
izzylou
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I haven't stored my data anywhere tho so if I sold my curve id have to start all over again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
izzylou

One whole day my phone ha had the red x now.

If I was to ring up my service provider, would they be able to do anything like take it to be repaired???

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

izzylou wrote:

One whole day my phone ha had the red x now.

If I was to ring up my service provider, would they be able to do anything like take it to be repaired???

Try this:

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
izzylou

After EVERYTHING I've tried. In the end all I done was leave my battery out for 2-3 hours till it was cold let the red x battery bar load and it came on

I don't know if it will work for anyone else but patience is key I suppose

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Great, glad you got it working.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
thando2716
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: blackberry

jst try updating the software coz i did, myn works fine  after the update

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sullivanos
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: O2

I had exactly the same problem with my Bold 9700. I've had the phone for almost two years and it's worked perfectly, but this problem with the battery icon and the red cross has happened twice in the past two days, both times after downloading "official" updates from App World and restarting as instructed (the first one that did it was an update for BBM, the second one was a security update for App World itself).

My phone has never been dropped/exposed to moisture/left in the sun/had the battery severely run down etc so the fact that it's had an easy life and that this problem has only ever coincided with restarting after an update suggests to me that it's a software/firmware corruption issue.

So far I've managed to fix it both times by just repeatedly removing and then re-inserting the battery over and over again every time the stupid battery-with-the-red-cross-through-it appears, e.g.:

1. BlackBerry reboot screen appears with white status bar slowly filling up

2. Status bar has barely moved and suddenly the annoying battery icon appears (sometimes accompanied by a white screen)

3. Remove battery and immediately re-insert

4. Repeat until eventually it reboots successfully

I'm hoping that this continues to work (if it ever happens again) because from reading around there don't seem to be many other options for fixing it. Hopefully this will help someone out, but just be warned that you might need to remove and re-insert the battery many times before it finally reboots properly (mine took about 10) so don't give up straight away. It also didn't seem to make any difference if I left the battery out for a long time or just stuck it straight back in again, so I'd say don't waste your time waiting and just keep putting it straight back in as soon as you've taken it out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
s1234
My Device: BB curve 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

my phone is having the same problem. I dont know what to do
Please use plain text.
JSanders

s1234 wrote:
my phone is having the same problem. I dont know what to do

Did you do exactly what i posted a few posts above yours?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.