Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
fahdzk
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

Ladies & Genitalmen :smileytongue: 

If you see a X (Red Cross) on your Blackberry Screen while charging it. It means that your Battery is not Genuine OEM. 

It must be a Chinese aftermarket Battery.

Now there is a solution for everything. 

There are 2 ways :

Way1:

Things you need

1. Another Blackberry's battery (even if it is not of the same model) 

2. 4 needles (without threads)

3. 4 filters from the Cigarette

4. Your Aftermarket Battery

Procedure:

Step 1: spear all the 4 needles in the 4 Cigarette Filters at a distance of the battery's 4 terminals. Insert them in such position that 4 battery terminals must touch the needles seperately. 

Step2: Now Put your Aftermarket Battery to charge for like 30 minutes (even if it shows the X sign).

Step3: Once your charging is done. Put your Aftermarket Battery's terminal on one side of the 4 needles tip.

Step4: Put the Other battery you borrowed from your friend on the other side of the needle's tips.

Step5: Hold the batteries for like 20 seconds in such positions that their batter terminals must touch the needles and the needles much not interact together at all cost.

Result:

THERE YOU GO... ITS UNLOCKED..

Like this post if you may..

Regards,

Fahd Ali 

JSanders
Solutions: 5,978
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fahdzk wrote:

If you see a X (Red Cross) on your Blackberry Screen while charging it. It means that your Battery is not Genuine OEM. 

It must be a Chinese aftermarket Battery.

That's the biggest bunch of malarkey I've ever read.  Perhaps you don't know that EVEN OEM BlackBerry batteries can have the red X on screen. What it means is that your BlackBerry does not recognize a battery source, and specifically it normally points to the "on-device" battery, (not the removable battery) -- the small round battery located ON the motherboard has been drained beyond use.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Capo69
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9900

I tried the method colleague fahdzk, Not unlocked battery.

Tonight I held the phone to the charger in the morning (not 30 minutes) and did describe:
Step3: Once your charging is done. Put your Aftermarket Battery's terminal on one side of the four needles tip.
Step4: Put the Other battery you borrowed from your friend on the other side of the needle's tips.
Step5: Hold the batteries for like 20 seconds in such positions that their batter terminals must touch the needles and the needles much

No result: (

manish0359
My Device: 9320

same issue with me ... press your battery a bit hard from the top end. and then try to turn it ..try a couple of times .. it worked for me.

crazyrockchick
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

hi. im experiencing the same problem with my blackberry curve 8520. first time it happened was two days ago and i tried the tips in this forum (like charging for and removing the battery while plugged in, charging using usb & wall charger, putting a piece of paper, etc.) and my fone started to work again and i thought i got it fixed already.

but today i had to restart my phone because i deleted an application and it won't power on again and nothing seems to work. :No::womansad:

i'm from the philippines and i don't think blackberry has a service center here or customer support. anyone here who has new tips or anything else I can try? is this problem caused by a hardware or software failure? :womansad:

thank you so much in advance for any help you guys can give. :Helpsmilie:

JSanders

Are you getting the Red X  over a battery on the BlackBerry screen?

Or what, specifically do you see, any red LED flashing on battery insertion?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Capo69

I do not solve the problem.
Not done with all the methods that have been mentioned here.

Do not use a new battery, although the old one works fine.

This is a problem for BlackBerry, deliberately done this limitation.

The second thing I do not like is, inability to record phone conversations like Symbian, Android.

JSanders

Capo69 wrote:

I do not solve the problem.

You issue is very likely based on the built-in reserve battery being completely drained -- that is what routinely causes this 'red X on battery" issue. Thirty minutes of charging will resolve it. Leave it for hours and hours and while still connected to the wall outlet charger, remove the battery and reinsert to see if the device boots up. If not, continue charging and repeat.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
Capo69

Colleague, I have this procedure done repeatedly.

In my town I visited the service for phones.

After numerous experiments in the service people came to the conclusion that the problem is software on BlackBerry

This is a limitation of what they have done.

JSanders

Capo, it's impossible for me to know what all you've done, tried and didn't have success at performing.

if they are certain it is software ON the device, change that software. USE BBSAK to wipe and reload.

Knowledge Base Updates