Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
Jay_91
My Device: 8320

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

i am having this same problem i had the phone, it was working well i put my password in then my screen went white so i did a battery pull my phone never came back on when i plug it into the chaeging outlet the redlight comes up then the red x over the battery i tried another battery in it and the same thing it did not boot when i plugged it in the red x came up again

Please use plain text.
Alubington
My Device: Bold 9900

I have the bold 9900 hopefully this helps, in the bottom right corner where the battery connects with the gold tongs is where the problem is. If you gently wiggle that little piece when you put the battery back in it should work. Not a permanent solution though every time you remove the battery you will have to do this step to avoid the red x, good luck!!!

Please use plain text.
perapong2534
My Device: Black Berry 10

I same 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Capo69
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9900

Red X Shown On Battery

Exactly colleague Alubington, if someone get this, to work with the new phone battery it's temporary, because restart or remove the battery again phone not working.

Unfortunately, this is only BlackBerry

Please use plain text.
Phat_Wun
My Device: Blackberry Curve

Re: Red X Shown On Battery at start start up screen!

I just experienced this problem a few mintus ago.

My phone was in my pocket minding it's own business, i took it out to check it and BAAAM i saw a big red X on a black screen over the battery icon. Obviously i was rather worried!

But was trying to work out wether this meant my battery was empty or no battery present... but obviously if it meant no battery present that would'nt make any sense as it 'turned on'.

The solution... if you can call it that!! I find some charges.. charge different bb phones, some replica charges only charge certain bb phones also.

I have 3 ways of charging my bb, generally they all work!

But on this occasions.. my charger plugged into a extension lead was'nt helping one bit. So i tried my 2nd charger by my bed... never worked, both occasions i left the phone for at least 15 to 30 minutes.

So now my last way of charging it was through my PC.. so i plugged in my USB come charger lead.. and managed to get a reaction, as my bb desktop manager started to load up, this only happens when your phone is reconised i gather, well for me that's the case anyway.

It ask's me if i want to instal updates etc etc.. still on the RED X SCREN i just clicked "HELL YEH"... i cant quite remember exactly what i done or what it was i done to be honest... i know that i basically tried to install/update and obviously charge the phone, in otherwords i tried and get some sort of reaction from it's software, rather then fiddling with its hardware.

It then went blank... RED X dissapeared.. moments later the red light light came on.... moments after that it went off.... then 2 icons showed up which looked like a 'computer' and a 'phone'  with the '>>' between the both. This must of been my computer sending "Something" to my phone... however on screen my attempt to update failed for some unknown reason, its said something like "unable to update device as another application is open" bla bla bla please close application and try again.. etc etc... so i just closed all screens, my phone went black again... then the blackberry initialising start up bar appeared like usual along the bottom.

I was hoping it wouldnt stop 3 quaters of the way like some people had typed that has happened to them. However mine continued and loaded up as per usual and is now fine, and working!

To be honest... im not sure what caused that, but i rekon it was something like a power defiency of some sort, and the software just was'nt recognising the battery for some reason. Otherwise... maybe my battery had just randomly lost all of it's juice... it was on one bar before it went fully dead by the way.

It could of been the method of the way a PC charges the phone as apposed to how a wall charger would.

Who know's!! I thought i'd share my experince. So anyone with thisproblem i suggest to go and have a fiddle.

*looks at phone* Yeppp... still ping'ing away lol.

Please use plain text.
aim
Visitor
aim
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

i clicked on the first link to download the blackberry desktop software and followed the instructions on screen, so i now have the blackbeberry desktop software on my computer, but i dont get what i have to do after ive downloaded the software?do i open the software?and when i click on start i cant find run to find the line to copy and paste, and when i find it where do i copy it to?

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

aim wrote:

i clicked on the first link to download the blackberry desktop software and followed the instructions on screen, so i now have the blackbeberry desktop software on my computer, but i dont get what i have to do after ive downloaded the software?do i open the software?and when i click on start i cant find run to find the line to copy and paste, and when i find it where do i copy it to?

aim, what exactly is that you are trying to do and what issues are you having with your BlackBerry?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Visitor
aris92894
My Device: curve8530

i try this i could only go up to the downloading part for the operating system cuz once i download it n try to fill up the form it asks for the company n title and idk what to write there
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Just out anything. Doesn't matter. Type an X.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
JSanders

Just put anything. Doesn't matter. Type an X.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.