Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

virus4hell
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Re: Red X Shown On Battery

i don't know what to do my mob bb curve 8520 have the same issue that all here have and i tried everything putting my bb in the charger for hours and crushing him on the floor and change the battery everything and still nothing someone please tell me what to do, when i tried to make that loader it shows my pin and not unknown anyone here can help me ?
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't think crushing it on the floor would have helped.
What did you mean?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
skywalker165
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Red X Shown On Battery (possible solution)

[ Edited ]

I think I have the solution to this problem. The problem somehow seems to be “memory loss” by the battery and can be restored using a converter; a device came with my new battery.

My problem started when I tried to load an application and my BB, Bold 9900 freeze, after waiting for about 10 min I pulled out the battery (JM 1), reinserted it and the nightmare started with a “Rex X on the battery symbol”. While pulling out the original battery I also found that it was fried (due to my own fault of overcharging my BB).

Nothing worked mentioned here until I decided to change the battery. Got the new one but with a “battery current matching device” (it came with the new battery), a small device where you place your original battery at the bottom and the new one on top and then a light on the device goes on for about 2 to 3 seconds and turns off. Before putting the new battery in the device I straight away put it in my BB and the same “Red X” appeared but after putting new battery in the supplied device it worked and my BB was alive with no issue.

Later I experimented two or three times by pulling out the battery from BB and every time the procedure was required to put it in the battery device first. Even before writing this I did it again with the same results.

I hope that above solution works for everyone else also, subject to if you are able to find the replacement battery with the device I have mentioned. There is no particular name given on the device except for the models it work for (BB 9900 & 9930) and instructions in Chinese & English and Input Voltage DC 5 0 V 1000mA & Output is DC4 20V, 350mA (as it also works as battery charger with min USB input).    

New Contributor
sarahhelen
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

I sent mine to Vodafone, told me they couldn't fix it, because it was under warranty they replaced the phone.

Contributor
Jay_91
My Device: 8320

solved my problem my phone has been working properly for some months now, what i did was to leave it on charge without the battery for a while then slipped in the battery check if it was working still was getting the Red X so i just left repeat the process for a few days, then i just left the battery in it while on charge, it came up and started working but i got the Red X few times after but all u do if that comes up is to remove the battery plug in the phone's charger to the phone then put in the battery it will take a while you might have to repeat the process a few times before the phone comes back on, you should have no problems after. ...

If this solution worked for you press the like button

eatmills
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Red X Shown On Battery [SOLVED]

Thanks this one worked for me.  I had a fully charged battery and it did the red X on me when I had taken out the battery to reboot it.  I used contact cleaner to clean the contacts for the battery and reinstalled the battery..  Thanks for the help.

New Contributor
timgarvey
My Device: Blackberry Curve

I work in IT for a company that uses Blackberrys and we recently had to replace a battery for a blackberry curve so we bought one from a local mobile phone shop. When we placed the new battery in the phone we got the Dreaded X. I brought the battery back and could not believe it when the shop assistant told me that the battery we were replacing had a code on it that needed to be copied to the replacement battery. So he put the old battery and the replacemnt battery into a device which copies the code and it worked. Unbelieveable, talk about making things difficult nad making the worst phone in the world even worse.  

JSanders

Yea, I have heard of people having to do that.. too bad the seller didn't tell you that up front.

Personally, of the 8-10 batteries I've purchased over the past 8 years, I've never bought one which required that.

And most of the time, those are not BlackBerry OEM batteries.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
timgarvey
My Device: Blackberry Curve

The battery was not OEM it was a Blackberry Battery identical to the original and the person who sold it was simply not aware of this but the person who sorted it says that this is something that Blackberrry are doing with a lot of new batteries so I imaghine there will be a lot more of this happening.

JSanders

timgarvey wrote:

The battery was not OEM it was a Blackberry Battery identical to the original and the person who sold it was simply not aware of this but the person who sorted it says that this is something that Blackberrry are doing with a lot of new batteries so I imaghine there will be a lot more of this happening.

Of course it was not an OEM battery.

And no, BlackBerry is not selling chinese knockoff batteries. Your sales has no idea what he's talking about.

Knowledge Base Updates